PDA

View Full Version : Oh I love this car....RS7 vs my RS6

January 20th, 2016, 01:23
Came off the cloverleaf in my MSP RS6 behind an RS7....oh boy oh boy....too fun.....door to door from 40 to 120....he braked before I did as we were running up fast on a car in my lane...a $20k car vs a 120K car....just when I'm ready to give up on Things 1-3.....I get so impressed...

lswing
January 20th, 2016, 02:19
Well done!

Aronis
January 20th, 2016, 17:16
:rs6kiss:

LOL

Cmnair
January 20th, 2016, 18:02
You really kept pace with an RS7? My friend has one (APR chipped), but even stock it is at a whole different level :)

LaserSVT
January 20th, 2016, 23:55
Most excellent.

EDIT: Wish I had stuff like that to play with here. We all went to Mexico tonight and I was first trail camera car for a 2014 full bolt on Mustang GT and a surprisingly quick Mazdaspeed3. I had to completely get off the throttle 3 times to keep from pushing the Mustang. LOL I then ran a full bolt on Pontiac G8 GXP several times from a roll and easily walked him. He insisted on a couple dig runs and I thought he was nuts. I think I have my launch down on my car now so when we went I put 4+ cars on him before 2nd gear and kept running away. There is a 1000HP twin turbo CTS V in our group i want to run from a dig. I know I will have him to at least 60.
We just dont have any fast Euros around. Well one friend is finishing up his 2001 BMW 540i 6-speed turbo wagon so that should be fun. Another friend just got a 1998 Eclipse GSX thats making 812 awhp. I dont wanna run him. That thing is stupid fast. LOL Engine bay is a thing of beauty and has an 82mm turbo.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x135/orange92gt/12509403_10207905437375935_4896633892411063429_n_z psi5z1mon6.jpg (http://s185.photobucket.com/user/orange92gt/media/12509403_10207905437375935_4896633892411063429_n_z psi5z1mon6.jpg.html)
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x135/orange92gt/3333_zpsliczsm3o.jpg (http://s185.photobucket.com/user/orange92gt/media/3333_zpsliczsm3o.jpg.html)

But this is the group I hang with. There are some quick cars but I think my Audi is the quickest to 60 aside from the GSX.
https://youtu.be/WN63a3jA6Qg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN63a3jA6Qg

Bigglezworth
January 21st, 2016, 07:38
I had run with an RS7 a few months back and that owner was more than surprised when I kept pace with his new 100K+ ride... 12 year old tech vs. new tech and no one would know.

Cmnair
January 21st, 2016, 20:28
Wonder what kind of magical RS6s you guys drive :)

LaserSVT
January 21st, 2016, 20:38
Mugello blue is the fastest version, or didn't you know? :p

Cmnair
January 21st, 2016, 20:49
Mugello blue is the fastest version, or didn't you know? :p

Get videos next time you have these runs...you beat a Z06 before (your car was close to stock performance right?) and now a full bolt on GXP? We are starting to sound like the BMW forums kill stories posters :)

LaserSVT
January 21st, 2016, 20:56
Get videos next time you have these runs...you beat a Z06 before (your car was close to stock performance right?) and now a full bolt on GXP? We are starting to sound like the BMW forums kill stories posters :)

A C5 Z06 is quick but is still less power and way less TQ. And the way the car is tuned now I have more power than a GXP and am lighter. I am always shocked and saddened when a couple RS6 owners say things like that. It makes me wonder what is wrong with their car. RS6 is nowhere near king of the hill but they are very fast and when tuned properly there isn't much that will beat them from a dig on the street save for the rare super/hypercar. Its like I know my buddies TT CTS-V will destroy me on any kind of roll and also from a dig at the track. But on the street its a different story doing a dig. 1000hp does not hook well on the street through only 2 tires.
Power is nothing without control.

lswing
January 21st, 2016, 21:00
I'd say against the RS7 it's up to the drivers since on paper it's about 2 seconds faster 0-100mph at least. http://fastestlaps.com/models/audi-rs7-sportback

Hangs close enough for a $20k car compared to a $120k car though...

Cmnair
January 21st, 2016, 21:05
Sorry man no offence but I am just being realistic. I used to own a C5 Z06. Sorry that you are shocked ....as I said please get videos if you can. C5 Z06 is 405 HP at 3100ish lbs...so you can get a sense of power to weight. Yes you will get him from a roll if he is not a good driver but after that he will catch you. Stock they run low 12s @115 mph.

Cmnair
January 21st, 2016, 21:08
I'd say against the RS7 it's up to the drivers since on paper it's about 2 seconds faster 0-100mph at least. http://fastestlaps.com/models/audi-rs7-sportback

Hangs close enough for a $20k car compared to a $120k car though...

Two seconds to 100 is a huge difference man. RS7 runs low 120s in the quarter mile stock as well. So stock to stock they are on another planet.

Bigglezworth
January 21st, 2016, 21:10
Wonder what kind of magical RS6s you guys drive :)It is possible. Aggressive tune and a number of weight deletes on a C5 RS6 is equivalent to the 12yr newer OEM RS7. No where did I say it was the same as an APR tuned RS7. I have on more than a number of occasions pushed our C5 hulk past the 12sec barrier which is well in the rhelm of the newer Audi Edsel.

LaserSVT
January 21st, 2016, 21:11
Sorry man no offence but I am just being realistic. I used to own a C5 Z06. Sorry that you are shocked ....as I said please get videos if you can. C5 Z06 is 405 HP at 3100ish lbs...so you can get a sense of power to weight. Yes you will get him from a roll if he is not a good driver but after that he will catch you. Stock they run low 12s @115 mph.

I have owned one as well. And an FRC. I am aware of the cars abilities. But you are spot on. MOST people with a Corvette cant drive the stick to its full potential. And off the line there are traction issues. The RS6 removes those variables. Plant right foot and hold on.
Many times when I run LS cars they drop a half car or more every time they shift.

I will try and get videos though. There are a couple on our private forum that I am not sure how to download them. One is against a new full bolt on GT, another is a bolt on 2014 GT and another against a Cobra. The guy in the G8 just posted a video of last night but it was when we were trailing two cars. He seems unwilling to share the videos of our runs. LOL

Cmnair
January 21st, 2016, 21:13
It is possible. Aggressive tune and a number of weight deletes on a C5 RS6 is equivalent to the 12yr newer OEM RS7. No where did I say it was the same as an APR tuned RS7. I have on more than a number of occasions pushed our C5 hulk past the 12sec barrier which is well in the rhelm of the newer Audi Edsel.

Where did I accuse you of saying that lol? So you have run below 12 secs in your RS6? That is awesome!

Bigglezworth
January 21st, 2016, 22:33
Where did I accuse you of saying that lol? So you have run below 12 secs in your RS6? That is awesome!ha You didn't. Just following up on that Unicorn reference. Audi's revival of the Edsel is a fantastic piece of engineering - well at least the drivetrain is. The exterior is something only a mother could love for many - me included. I would love to have 12 years of improvement in a tranny which is where the bulk of the additional improvement in acceleration is extracted from.

LaserSVT
January 21st, 2016, 22:55
ha You didn't. Just following up on that Unicorn reference. Audi's revival of the Edsel is a fantastic piece of engineering - well at least the drivetrain is. The exterior is something only a mother could love for many - me included. I would love to have 12 years of improvement in a tranny which is where the bulk of the additional improvement in acceleration is extracted from.

Yeah I was expressing my want of 900+ HP and stay auto and the subject of the new trans came up. Coding could be handled but the mounting is all kinds of different so I am told. Could make it work but I could also but another two RS6s instead. LOL
I do love the performance of the RS7 and its interior is great but I just don't like its side profile or rear profile.

Cmnair
January 21st, 2016, 23:09
ha You didn't. Just following up on that Unicorn reference. Audi's revival of the Edsel is a fantastic piece of engineering - well at least the drivetrain is. The exterior is something only a mother could love for many - me included. I would love to have 12 years of improvement in a tranny which is where the bulk of the additional improvement in acceleration is extracted from.

Exactly my point re the tranny. Great engine but tranny is weak..to the extent that I am afraid I will lose to the newer 300 hp cars with faster shifting trannies.

LaserSVT
January 21st, 2016, 23:57
Exactly my point re the tranny. Great engine but tranny is weak..to the extent that I am afraid I will lose to the newer 300 hp cars with faster shifting trannies.
Thats what makes me wonder if your car is okay. I play a lot with mine and what I have seen is anything putting down between 440-480 rwhp is slower off the line (usually due to spin) but from a roll is usually quicker by a tad from 30-70 and then the Audi takes over again. That, I assume, would probably be due to the Audis higher TQ numbers. These are Camaros, Mustangs, Chargers, Challengers and similar vehicles. They usually are 500-800 lbs lighter than mine and have the much faster shifting 6 speed and 8 speed autos. I know I am 443 awhp and these are all cars that I will beat by a couple lengths. Even when the car only laid down 340ish at the wheels it kept with and passed a C5 Z06 and those put down 360ish stock. I have since run into Val (the Vettes owner) a couple times and he does not know what the car makes but it only has mufflers and an SCT box tune. I have heard him pull out of our meets a couple times and get on it to show off and it sounds like he could use a little shifting lesson but I have heard worse.
So if you are worried about losing to a 300hp car (save for an Aerial Atom or a gutted SRT4) I would think you have issues with the car or you are really underestimating it.

Cmnair
January 22nd, 2016, 01:25
Thats what makes me wonder if your car is okay. I play a lot with mine and what I have seen is anything putting down between 440-480 rwhp is slower off the line (usually due to spin) but from a roll is usually quicker by a tad from 30-70 and then the Audi takes over again. That, I assume, would probably be due to the Audis higher TQ numbers. These are Camaros, Mustangs, Chargers, Challengers and similar vehicles. They usually are 500-800 lbs lighter than mine and have the much faster shifting 6 speed and 8 speed autos. I know I am 443 awhp and these are all cars that I will beat by a couple lengths. Even when the car only laid down 340ish at the wheels it kept with and passed a C5 Z06 and those put down 360ish stock. I have since run into Val (the Vettes owner) a couple times and he does not know what the car makes but it only has mufflers and an SCT box tune. I have heard him pull out of our meets a couple times and get on it to show off and it sounds like he could use a little shifting lesson but I have heard worse.
So if you are worried about losing to a 300hp car (save for an Aerial Atom or a gutted SRT4) I would think you have issues with the car or you are really underestimating it.

Bill..i get that you are enthusiastic about this car and it is a great car, don't get me wrong, but a 340 awhp 4000 lb sedan with that gen 5AT is not beating a stock C5 Z06...something must be wrong with that Z06. I had a stage 3 EPL tuned A6 2.7t 6 speed at the same time I owned my vette...it was tuned with water/meth injection and put down 427 awhp...it would keep up with my stock Z06 but just barely. My A6 weighed 3650 lbs.

My RS6 is an honest to goodness APR chipped car boosting to 17 psi....I have to data log it but it was running fine before my vacuum leak issues. I am just afraid to launch the car and break something. Even though I haven't tried it I also heard that this car is not easy to launch without bogging. I hear a lot of people talking about the duck-foot-rat technique of launching...so launching this auto off the line is not easy.

Again the engine is strong but the tranny is poorly matched IMO. Is your transmission modified in any way? Looks like you gained 100 awhp from the previous tune which is great.

LaserSVT
January 22nd, 2016, 02:01
I just have the updated TC and fluid changes done every 18-20k. And its not about enthusiasm. Well kinda is but the car does what it does and I am not gonna knock it. Car has no issues launching as well. For mine what I have seen and felt to be the best is to put it in D, turn off the ESP, brake boost to 2100 RPM and let off the brake. It gets a little wheel spin while it ferociously accelerates. No weird clunks, shifts smooth and fast into the next gear and does not complain. In "S" its a bit to much and shifts too hard where I do fear for the trans. From a roll I use S mode as it pulls a bit better and deeper into redline before shifting but from a dig it works great using the method I outlined. No bog and no waiting for boost.
Ran a C6 Z06 like that and just lept away but by 60 he was reeling me in fast and by 80 he passed me hard. I have also run a few non Z06 C5s and have no issue outrunning them.

I too have had a built 2.7 S4 that did 412 at the wheels but it did not come on as early as the RS6 does and the torque curve wasnt anything like the RS6 flat-line thats there from 2000-6800 RPM.

Like I said before, i will make sure to get some video next runs. Maybe strap my action cam to the roof or something. LOL For now you can really only go off my word and maybe 200 other peoples from Waco. Nobody paid any attention to the car in the first few meets. After it took down some cars that people said there was no way it could it stated getting lots of attention and many call outs. Mustangs and Camaros and GTOs and G8s are all non issues. Some are close but the Audi has only lost to a couple. C6 Corvetts though are a different story. But all the C6s in my group are fairly heavily modded and i have yet to run a stock one.

Day before yesterday i surprised the hell out of this guy:

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x135/orange92gt/1_zpsovonuyuv.jpg (http://s185.photobucket.com/user/orange92gt/media/1_zpsovonuyuv.jpg.html)
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x135/orange92gt/2_zps1pzga4qe.jpg (http://s185.photobucket.com/user/orange92gt/media/2_zps1pzga4qe.jpg.html)

I pulled out the phone to snap a picture at the light and he saw that so he started to rev and when the light turned green he took off (first pic). Sounded killer and looked great. We got to the next light and I gave him a thumbs up and he smiled and started to rev again so I did my launch when the light turned green and we were dead nuts even until what sounded like him shifting into too high of a gear and I passed him then let off by for the next light (second pic). This time he gave me a thumbs up and had his camera out and snapped a picture. LOL After that we both drove kinda normal and went onto I35. :)

Cmnair
January 22nd, 2016, 02:10
Nice! Your car looks great btw...Mugello was my first choice but could not find one when I was looking. Will try your launch technique if I can build up the courage lol. The way I enjoy this car is smooth application of throttle while rolling and then enjoying the seemingly never ending swell of torque :)....really nothing like it.

LaserSVT
January 22nd, 2016, 02:25
Thanks. I love this machine. Love its color and the power and the luxury plus how it flys under the radar. Few weeks ago I felt bad. I was on the highway doing 15 over the limit and as I passed a GT500 (he was just cruising doing the limit) the radar went off and out came the hidden SHO. I figured there goes my insurance rates but he flew up to the Mustang and pulled him over. LOL

I loved all my Mustangs and Corvettes and Porsches but everyone always tried to race them and cops always watched the cars and often followed me for long periods. The Audi, they dont even glance my way. LOL

DHall1
January 22nd, 2016, 05:33
Are you building boost when you rev to 2100?

fbatwork
January 22nd, 2016, 06:54
Numbers in the video speak for themselves... I believe that thse days there are quite a few running Marc's tune...

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/25896-Ecu-software-options?p=250475&viewfull=1#post250475

LaserSVT
January 22nd, 2016, 07:13
Are you building boost when you rev to 2100?
Yes but I never paid attention as to how much. I usually have the screen set to read timing/IAT/EGT/knock activity when running someone.

Cmnair
January 22nd, 2016, 15:20
Numbers in the video speak for themselves... I believe that thse days there are quite a few running Marc's tune...

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/25896-Ecu-software-options?p=250475&viewfull=1#post250475

How many C5 RS6s have run that time? I have seen a couple of posts from Marc himself but nothing from anyone else..

Bigglezworth
January 22nd, 2016, 17:28

I owned the blue car in this video for 5 years and put on an additional 45K with Marc's tune (purchased from him c/w the tune). Until just a year and a bit ago, I think I was the only member running Marc's tune. It has always worked well from my perspective and a significant improvement to baseline OEM performance. Car ran an 11.7 @ 121 trap w/ 1.62 60ft time after cat delete and basic weight reductions at my local track (elevation corrected). I haven't invested any time or $ to better that number, but do believe there is a solid 2-3 10ths more that can be extracted without getting crazy with timely and costly modifications. That would be the threshold though IMO until you cross that ill-fated line....

Cmnair
January 22nd, 2016, 18:20
I owned the blue car in this video for 5 years and put on an additional 45K with Marc's tune (purchased from him c/w the tune). Until just a year and a bit ago, I think I was the only member running Marc's tune. It has always worked well from my perspective and a significant improvement to baseline OEM performance. Car ran an 11.7 @ 121 trap w/ 1.62 60ft time after cat delete and basic weight reductions at my local track (elevation corrected). I haven't invested any time or $ to better that number, but do believe there is a solid 2-3 10ths more that can be extracted without getting crazy with timely and costly modifications. That would be the threshold though IMO until you cross that ill-fated line....

That is a damn good quarter mile time...no wonder you were door to door with the RS7 :)

Bigglezworth
January 23rd, 2016, 00:00
That is a damn good quarter mile time...no wonder you were door to door with the RS7 :)Corbetts car will out do this and is in that additional 2-3 10ths improved time area I reference. Not surprisingly though, traction does start to become a problem believe it or not even with a quattro system.

January 27th, 2016, 04:47
Giggle!! I didn't think this post would turn into people comparing this car to a Z06 Corvette, gutted SRT4, or Ariel Atom....or a Veyron....

Can I find something faster? Easy....can I find something cheaper? Sure......Can I find me a car....a 4 door sedan....that I can pick my parents up from the airport with...go to a play with another couple......that I have a trailer hitch on.....that will haul an entertainment center.....that will go through a foot of snow....that will still trash a new Mustang....run with a 120k RS7?? Nope....

Just saying....for $/0-60 I haven't found a more capable machine....if someone has an option....let me know!!

bakes
January 27th, 2016, 14:05
giggle!! I didn't think this post would turn into people comparing this car to a z06 corvette, gutted srt4, or ariel atom....or a veyron....

Can i find something faster? Easy....can i find something cheaper? Sure......can i find me a car....a 4 door sedan....that i can pick my parents up from the airport with...go to a play with another couple......that i have a trailer hitch on.....that will haul an entertainment center.....that will go through a foot of snow....that will still trash a new mustang....run with a 120k rs7?? Nope....

Just saying....for $/0-60 i haven't found a more capable machine....if someone has an option....let me know!!

amen!!!!

lswing
January 27th, 2016, 14:36
Giggle!! I didn't think this post would turn into people comparing this car to a Z06 Corvette, gutted SRT4, or Ariel Atom....or a Veyron....

Can I find something faster? Easy....can I find something cheaper? Sure......Can I find me a car....a 4 door sedan....that I can pick my parents up from the airport with...go to a play with another couple......that I have a trailer hitch on.....that will haul an entertainment center.....that will go through a foot of snow....that will still trash a new Mustang....run with a 120k RS7?? Nope....

Just saying....for $/0-60 I haven't found a more capable machine....if someone has an option....let me know!!

Exactly...

Bigglezworth
January 27th, 2016, 16:22

Just saying....for $/0-60 I haven't found a more capable machine....if someone has an option....let me know!!Hands down the best performing AWD winter performance platform out there IMO. Yes I would surely enjoy a CTS-V or a 6.3/6.5 AMG screamer, but I need multi-purpose for all seasons and know I would kill myself with a two wheel monster driving during Oct-Apr months in my neck of the woods. Besides, I have a pair of RWD vehicles that both outrun my Audi's and both outrun their competitors also, so simply happy to have a strong performing all weather ride like the RS6 is great.

4everRS
January 27th, 2016, 22:41

This is a really great post