PDA

View Full Version : Threw my first CEL after one year of ownership

Cmnair
January 20th, 2016, 00:35
Guess it had to happen eventually... Symptoms included slightly elevated idle, strange brake feel and of course CEL. On top of that found oil drops on garage floor. Took it to my Indy and after scanning showed lean codes..pointing to vacuum leak

Basically he found the following:
Suction Jet Pump falling apart
Oil valley pan gasket leak
Knock sensor wires/connectors coming apart..(haven't heard of this happening before)

Hoping these will will be covered under my Fidelity Platinum Warranty.

Additionally....

Front lower control arms are going
Squeaky tensioner (serpentine belt)
Need new trunk struts..have to arm wrestle the trunk lid every time
Condensation in driver side headlight

Car is in the shop awaiting warranty approval.

lswing
January 20th, 2016, 01:14
Welcome! Sounds like wear and tear...

Aronis
January 20th, 2016, 01:14
Warranty_ that sounds very nice! LOL....I'm well out of my warrantee.....

P1054
January 20th, 2016, 03:20
I've got some good trunk struts if you're interested...

nistah
January 20th, 2016, 05:31
Fidelity Platinum Warranty has proven to be one of the most reasonable third party warranty providers and is usually very good and fair with providing coverage as contracted. Good luck & keep us posted on how you make out

Cmnair
January 20th, 2016, 10:52
Fidelity Platinum Warranty has proven to be one of the most reasonable third party warranty providers and is usually very good and fair with providing coverage as contracted. Good luck & keep us posted on how you make out

Agreed...they have been good so far...will keep you posted.

Cmnair
January 20th, 2016, 10:54
I've got some good trunk struts if you're interested...

Thanks....if warranty does not cover it I will let you know.

Cmnair
January 20th, 2016, 18:00
Anyone have their knock sensors fall apart? Warranty company will not cover. Is it worth trying to "convince" them to cover?

Dmb408
January 20th, 2016, 18:22
Anyone have their knock sensors fall apart? Warranty company will not cover. Is it worth trying to "convince" them to cover?

No but it is funny they would cover the suction jet pump issue, which is a wear over time item (which I had fail on RS6 #1), and not the knock sensors.

JSRS6
January 20th, 2016, 23:48
One of my knock sensor plugs disintegrated while I was taking everything off my engine. I wouldn't fight them over the $30 dollar part, just give it to the tech and ask them to install it. The pump is a wear item, pumps wear out. The plug is not a wear item, they just become brittle.

Cmnair
January 21st, 2016, 00:01
One of my knock sensor plugs disintegrated while I was taking everything off my engine. I wouldn't fight them over the $30 dollar part, just give it to the tech and ask them to install it. The pump is a wear item, pumps wear out. The plug is not a wear item, they just become brittle.

Tech will charge me full price $118 :( per sensor. Do you have part numbers? OEM listed on ecstuning for $114, so I guess he is close enough.

mdegracia
January 21st, 2016, 21:08
054 905 377A $22 for bosch on worldpac

Cmnair
January 21st, 2016, 23:27
054 905 377A $22 for bosch on worldpac

Yes ECS has the generic one for $22 as well...but I wouldn't want to put that in my car :)

mdegracia
January 21st, 2016, 23:35
Yes ECS has the generic one for $22 as well...but I wouldn't want to put that in my car :)

Bosch is the oe manufacturer.

Cmnair
January 22nd, 2016, 15:07
Bosch is the oe manufacturer.

Thanks will check it out...good price for Bosch

EDIT - Not coming up on Worldpac

Cmnair
January 23rd, 2016, 15:58
Update - Warranty company is not going to cover knock sensors and they are also not covering the full valley seal job. They are covering control arms and trunk struts though along with 60% of valley seal job (suction jet pump is part of it). Serpentine belt tensioner along with idler pulley also not covered.

Unfortunately my tech also found a fuel line leak at the rail due to corrosion which apparently is not going to be covered. Have you guys had issues with fuel line in engine bay? My car only has 63k miles but it is the age I guess.