PDA

View Full Version : My experience with SRM

rs2crow
December 19th, 2015, 14:15
Ok I usually don't post chit like this but!!!! I will do it this time, have not bin treated this way in a long time. That said SRM u suck, not really sure how I was suppose to give u my money, with strippers, music or caviar????

Silly rabbit racing thank u for returning my$$ after month and a half and being rude to me, for what reason???? for sending u my hard earned $$ being extremely patient and actually willing to spend more $$ with you all together close to 4K . Pause .... NOT...

All I can say is wow !!!!!!! Unbelievable experience I just had with SRM, Sean... I'm disgusted by treatment u gave me after I did give u my money, and actually was willing to spend 2.6k$ more on your billet turbos. ( so glad u were not able to follow true for 3 weeks and send me a invoice,even after two phone calls asking for one) that said, Long story short.
I Did order c5 RS6 inter coolers month and a half ago from SRM, web stated they r in stock. Look at the screen shot. After a month not receiving the parts did contact SRM, they response was: "they usually start to build parts 15 days after payment, (web says item is in stock) I'm was still ok with it. Stuff happens should they contacted me right away and explain situation??? Hell yeah!!!!! End of the day chased Sean for some time left my phone nr few times, no response. After month and a half finally got him on phone, money got returned rudely, pretty much he cut me right of and just asked to witch account return should be sent.
Tnx Sean but no tnx, u just totally screwed my simple RS6 to manual project, no ics, or turbos, engine sitting on a table at the shop taking up space, getting treated as a kid :), And yes Sean is getting this letter first and it will be posted and advertised everywhere I go.
Janis krauklis

LaserSVT
December 19th, 2015, 16:06
Interesting. Been looking at dropping some cash there myself. First time I have heard someone complain about them though.

But I am unsure of your complaint? Is it because you asked someone twice for an invoice? As a shop owner sometimes I have to be asked twice just do to being really busy. As customer I also understand specialty companies and wait time. I must have asked 7 or 8 times for cost on some Audio Development speakers and still didnt get it until 2 weeks after the speakers arrived. LOL
Or is the complaint of time you have to wait for the intercoolers? See I am kinda new to the RS6 so when I order stuff I tend to call first and speak to the people there and that will usually sway me one way or the other. I called SMR to ask about the intercoolers before and was told it usually takes 3 weeks to get them. I know in this ebay and Amazon world we like to just click and wait at the door but when it comes to specialty items on a specialty vehicle I like to have some human interaction first.

034 Is a good example. I paid extra to get my computer to them fast so it could make it back fast for a get together. Well they dropped the ball and it didnt work out. It then took a couple extra tries to get the tune emailed for the flash tool. Now had I just based my experience off that its not that great. But after playing with the new tune and trans flash I couldnt be happier with how it performs. As such I am overall happy with the company.

I do understand your frustration though and hope you find a resolution to it so you can continue on your project.

rs2crow
December 19th, 2015, 18:20
[QUOTE=LaserSVT;279731]Interesting. Been looking at dropping some cash there myself. First time I have heard someone complain about them though.

But I am unsure of your complaint? Is it because you asked someone twice for an invoice? As a shop owner sometimes I have to be asked twice just do to being really busy. As customer I also understand specialty companies and wait time. I must have asked 7 or 8 times for cost on some Audio Development speakers and still didnt get it until 2 weeks after the speakers arrived. LOL
Or is the complaint of time you have to wait for the intercoolers? See I am kinda new to the RS6 so when I order stuff I tend to call first and speak to the people there and that will usually sway me one way or the other. I called SMR to ask about the intercoolers before and was told it usually takes 3 weeks to get them. I know in this ebay and Amazon world we like to just click and wait at the door but when it comes to specialty items on a specialty vehicle I like to have some human interaction first.

034 Is a good example. I paid extra to get my computer to them fast so it could make it back fast for a get together. Well they dropped the ball and it didnt work out. It then took a couple extra tries to get the tune emailed for the flash tool. Now had I just based my experience off that its not that great. But after playing with the new tune and trans flash I couldnt be happier with how it performs. As such I am overall happy with the company.

I do understand your frustration though and hope you find a resolution to it so you can continue on your project.[/QUOTE

i guess u missed the point, SRM web says items r in stock, plus they give you 300$ core charge option, witch i did choose. that said yes i did believe what i did read on they web, (item in stock ready to ship) after a 2 weeks or so, no phone call or e mail from SRM, called audi nr provided on web, left message, no response, called again couple days later got to the sales person. he seamed to be upset me asking about my order told me it takes them 15 days just to process online order, im was still fine with it, i know life happens. 1.5 more weeks go by no communication from SRM, i call again sales person says they waiting for cores, im still fine with it, actually did offer to mail my ics to them plus was willing to pay 10% extra on set of billet turbos, and deadline was 12.18 this is the point when i asked for invoice, another 3-4 businesses days go by i call again and ask for invoice, and guess what??? no invoice of curse.
point is
1. obviously SRM web is wrong and did misled me
2. SRM obviously got my $$ the day i did click on a buy it link, if the part wasn't in stock, why do not call???
3. why first time i called needed to say lies about 15 day processing???
4. and whats even more funnier is Seans way to deal with problem, first he even didn't say sorry, just asked for name where to return $$ and hang up on me.
5. after i did send him script of this post, he did say sorry but at the same time, i will quote him: "i'd offer to help but that would be stupid"
6. end of the day i have no turbos or ics, and yeah i have pretty busy life my self, with new born, just sold my house, buying a new one, working mad hr at the shop.
7. that said i think im was extremely reasonable and patient.

Ringlord
December 19th, 2015, 18:34
Hey Janis, the situation is definitely unfortunate, and very surprising. I've dealt with SRM and Sean himself, and I've been very happy with the service and his products are really top tier stuff. I've used his stuff on my B5 S4, I was gonna use his stuff on my RS6 but sold it for a 996 turbo, and ordered parts for that car as well.
I can tell you for a fact that he is not a scam artist, and his products actually exceeded my expectations. There's a lot going on behind the scenes sometimes, and it's easy to make assumptions about what's really going on. With our cars, our hobby, if it's not an off the shelf mod, it's usually made to order.
I'm sorry this ended this way! I was looking forward to seeing the results of your project!

rs2crow
December 19th, 2015, 21:41
Mike I know this situation is bad, I'm was thinking pretty long time post this up or not, end of the day I will need to put stock stuff back in car, my time frame is thight. If Sean or his web disclosed eta times I be going with difrent upgrade options, what pissed me of at most SRM never even tried to contact or solve the problem, they attitude was, its my fault I purchased they product, And as u know this is not first Audi project for me :) and I'm very reasonable person, and do deal with costumers and yes I do mistakes to, and I have no problem to admitted and fix the problem

LaserSVT
December 19th, 2015, 21:43
Odd timing but I was just at the dyno and the dyno guy starts telling me about this 3.0 Supercharged one that SRM is building to make stupid horsepower. Guess hes friends with another person there as well as Sean. His shop has used SRM before as well so I brought up this thread being fresh on my mind. Not that we came to any resolution or anything helpful. He thought it odd but had no comment, he did say he will call his friend there and see if he can help...... that and maybe some intercoolers for me......

ttboost
December 19th, 2015, 23:04
Yeah, not sure what you did to piss them off. Many people in the Audi and Porsche world are getting great service from them and great results from their new technology...

LaserSVT
December 19th, 2015, 23:13
I didnt realize Daz was handling your service as well and offered to send his spare cores in to help expedite the issue. I have spoken to him many times and hes been nothing but polite and helpful. Seems out of charterer for either one to be hostile or rude.
Again, sorry for your troubles. I have no dog in this fight.

rs2crow
December 20th, 2015, 03:50
Haha yep it was my fault I did push the button Saying, buy it now, item in stock, take my 4k$ pls yeah things like that defiantly pisses business owners off

lswing
December 20th, 2015, 14:27
Haha yep it was my fault I did push the button Saying, buy it now, item in stock, take my 4k$ pls yeah things like that defiantly pisses business owners off

Sure it could have been handled better, but your situation sounds a bit rushed and hectic. I'd say these projects take some extra time for sure. Update your location, you in the U.S.?

rs2crow
December 20th, 2015, 15:01
Yep USA and yes I had 1.5 month time frame, and that little thing saying item in stock got me, and sales rep shouldn't kept they eta and not having cores secret. And they had a chance to make things right instead I got insulted :)

ttboost
December 20th, 2015, 15:28
If you need something that bad, with such a short time line, a phone call to the company to verify price and availability makes sense. It seems with this new company, you are the exception. Remember, not everything you see on the internet is true...

SteveKen
December 20th, 2015, 17:43
If you need something that bad, with such a short time line, a phone call to the company to verify price and availability makes sense. It seems with this new company, you are the exception. Remember, not everything you see on the internet is true...

I did this with respect to their RS6 downpipes. Main purpose of the call was whether their B5 S4 DPs with RS6 turbo flanges would work with a 6MT RS6, of which the answer was no ans they codl make a set with a few weeks to a few months lead time.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they still don't sell these, right?

I was told that most of their reasonably priced stuff from their online catalog was resold from Chinese manufactured parts and anything that they make would be comparable in price to Milltek in the $1200 range.

Anyhoo, in my head at least and I could be wrong, the only thing that rubs me the wrong way is the impression that they, and a lot of other shops, give is that they have the experience in doing certain things that they haven't. Essentially over-promising ans under-delivering.

This IC thread focusing on SRM creations comes to mind: http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/26576-Intercooler-data-CFM-flow-Pressure-drop-figures?p=279765&viewfull=1#post279765

Avus-RS6
December 22nd, 2015, 23:21
My B5 S4 SRM ic's arrived promptly. I've heard other negative stories about their products, never their service. I can't be sure as to the validity of the negative claims, but I would recommend that anyone buying their ic's clean them thoroughly before install just to be safe.