PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky rear seat bench

urs6ville
November 18th, 2015, 17:26
As it has gotten colder... notice a squeak coming from the rear seat, sounds like it is from the bench/bottom. In my old UrS, the whole bench pulled up (to reveal the battery, etc). Does the rear seat pull up on these cars? (just reminded of it this morning, was planning to tackle it this weekend). Anyone have ideas for source of any "common" squeaks?

P1054
November 18th, 2015, 18:10
I believe it does just pull up. I had mine out last year, if I recall correctly you just pull up firmly on the front edge of the bench and it pops out. Maybe someone else can confirm?

As for the squeaks, I haven't had any from the seat that I know of. Not yet anyway...

Bigglezworth
November 18th, 2015, 19:56
The seat does pull up. It can be a bit of a struggle to get the clips to release on the front, but they do eventually release to provide access to seatbelt mounts and in-tank fuel pumps.

urs6ville
November 18th, 2015, 20:38
The seat does pull up. It can be a bit of a struggle to get the clips to release on the front, but they do eventually release to provide access to seatbelt mounts and in-tank fuel pumps.

Thanks.. so no screws or anything that hold the clips in? On my UrS, I had to pull two screws that were hidden by the carpet and then the clips would release. I need to get the ETKA re-installed so I can look this stuff up.

Bigglezworth
November 18th, 2015, 21:48
Thanks.. so no screws or anything that hold the clips in?No screws no.

Turbowned
November 19th, 2015, 05:19
Mine did this as well; noise coming from the right side, seemingly around the hinge for the seatback. I had it apart and lubed up some stuff which seemed to help but I don't think it's gone away completely.