PDA

View Full Version : Another DRC going down...

midwest1275
November 10th, 2015, 07:48
So I picked up my RS6 last year w/ 52, 000 miles on it and overall in great shape. It had the newer DRC suspension installed through the recall. So with a grand total of 20k miles on this 2nd DRC, it is leaking (verified by tech), bouncing all over the place and on it's way out. A sound began emanating from the rear of the car that sounded like a loose exhaust rattling and banging against the body. Really??! The car has a total of 59, 000 miles on it and it has gone through 2 suspension systems. Ok. So time to move on. I'm not feeling like putting a lot of money into this car, as i see the resale values dropping (watching online sales) and I know you never get much or anything from the mods. I'm enjoying the car, not beating on it, occasionally driving it hard, but getting tired of worrying about something breaking and having another bill to pay. I'm going to have the Koni Yellow's put in soon. I just want to verify with the forum, the part numbers are: Front: 82-2516 sportRear: 82-2526 sport, correct? I am going to have my local Indy shop (Eurotech-walking distance from my place in LA) throw them in. They quoted me about $500 to swap it all out. I hear Koni yellows and stock springs are a good way to go. I don't need really need coilovers. Can anyone recommend the online source to get the best prices on these shipped to LA? I looked around via google and found that they were all about the same site to site. I will read a bit more on the forum to see what the best set up would be (soft/hard) w/ the adjustments on the Koni's. I already have the Hotchkis sways in front/rear, RS4 wheels w/decent tires, so it should handle pretty nice when done.

Cmnair
November 10th, 2015, 11:48
The part numbers look right...the stronger version of the Yellows. I am planning to do the swap next year...currently on KW var1 coil overs, don't like the ride.

Based on feedback from this forum, make sure the rear spring perches are not installed upside down (they will collapse).

If you do a search on here, people have tried the low and mid setting for the rear (I think the front has only one setting? Not sure). Some people have had rubbing at the low setting if the rear seats are loaded up, but no issues if the seats are not loaded.

ttboost
November 10th, 2015, 12:13
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/23946-Completed-DIY-DRC-removal-swap-with-Koni-Yellow-Sports?highlight=Koni