PDA

View Full Version : Interest in Recaro Seats for the US?

Klint
February 3rd, 2004, 18:41
Hi,

I visited the local Audi dealership with whom I good friends with, on a wild goose chase for Sturs6, in regards to the factory rs6 19" 5 spoke wheels. :D

While I was with the parts guy (top lad) I enquired about the Recaroes, the result was a multitude of pieces that can be ordered and shipped to the dealership but not the seats as a whole part. The parts guy suggested I either check out Recaro themselves or contact quattro gmbh directly by Mr.X. I'm willing to investigate this further if there's interest by our fellow American members, where the Recaroes don't exist.

I've set up a poll to decide if it's worth putting some of my valuable time and expenses (telephone) into investigating it further.

Be realistic about the prices too, if the seats aren't worth $xxxx to you, then opt for a lower priced vote and vice versa. At the moment, the USD is rather sh1t in comparison to the Euro and GBP, so the exchange rates are in your favour.

Bauer
February 3rd, 2004, 19:37
Klint-

Are your figures in Dollars or Euros? I would most likely opt for front and rears if possible.:cheers:

Klint
February 3rd, 2004, 19:54
Originally posted by Bauer
Klint-

Are your figures in Dollars or Euros? I would most likely opt for front and rears if possible.:cheers:

The prices are in dollars (USD). But they can't be confirmed for the meantime.

The prices are just there so I know how many folks will be interested when I get prices and/or if it's worth going ahead with some kind of transaction.

I'm unsure about the rear Recaroes, and the estimated price range or even the shipping costs. Although, I'll add it to 'the list' of questions. :)

gregoryindiana
February 4th, 2004, 03:17
What did you find out on wheels?

One guy selling his 19's won't go very far here in the US

Can you check on the front RS6 logo mats as well??

I would certainly make that worth your while if you would handle the purchase there and shipping to me. And the shipping charges for the mats wouldn't be the killer that either wheels or seats might be.

JAXRS6
February 4th, 2004, 05:49
Originally posted by Klint
At the moment, the USD is rather sh1t in comparison to the Euro and GBP, so the exchange rates are in your favour.

But I thought that when the dollar was down, as it is now, it means it takes more dollars to buy the same goods -- which would mean the exchange rates are not in our favor. Which is correct?

:confused:

I would be most interested if there was a way to try before the buy. I know many people like the Recaros because of their looks, but comfort is a big factor for me and my no-longer-young body -- and I suspect I'm not alone. The RS6 demographic, at least in the US, tends to be post-50, don't you think? Not really old, but not inclined to spend extra on seats that can't be given a tryout for comfort.

jimmy94507
February 4th, 2004, 06:35
Jack,
Perhaps you should try to get a lenghty demo ride in the new S4 with its recaro seats.
Can someone who has RS 6 recaros give us a comparison to the recaros in the new S4?

Thanks, Jim

CarbonFibre
February 4th, 2004, 06:44
Originally posted by JAXRS6
But I thought that when the dollar was down, as it is now, it means it takes more dollars to buy the same goods -- which would mean the exchange rates are not in our favor. Which is correct?

Yeah, this is what I thought as well. It's not like Audi is going to be marketing these to sell in the U.S., you'll have to pay whatever they want in Euros, and, with the dollar weak, that will end up costing more money.

Klint
February 4th, 2004, 14:19
Originally posted by JAXRS6

Yes, sorry. Your correct, I got mixed up. :0:

Dark Knight
February 5th, 2004, 00:15
Ooh, that would be nice to have Recaro's but I bet they're going to be in the $4 - 5,000 shipped (for both); heck a good Sparco (non leather!) seat here in the US is $800/900 a piece!

I would also love to hear from someone that has tried both the RS6's US seats and the S4's Recaro's to see if there's a signifcant difference.

Thanks for putting this idea out there Klint!

coopsrs6
February 5th, 2004, 01:17
Klint--after 2300 miles & two track days @ Laguna I am very interested in optional seating--We got screwed with the US. seats. I moved my wifes S8 after the trip from Seattle & back--her seats are far superior to RS6 tho may be too wide for some. Hope you pursue this. I would settle for driver seat only. Thanks

Bauer
February 5th, 2004, 02:17
I have sat in a RS4 which I believe has the same seats as the Euro RS6....the seats in my opnion are far superior to the US set up. However, I also believe the S8 seats are better than the Euro RS6 seats....you are able to get more adjustments than the S8 seats.

I did some research earlier and found I am able to get the whole set front and rear for about $6000.00...a bit pricey in my mind.

http://www2.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2331&highlight=recaros

Here is a thread for info on the seats....The Brit has sat in all of them.:cheers:

February 5th, 2004, 03:09
does the euro recaro seats have side airbags? heated?

rs6w
February 5th, 2004, 05:11
Originally posted by gregoryindiana

Can you check on the front RS6 logo mats as well??

I'd be interested in the RS6 logo mats as well...

rs6w
February 5th, 2004, 05:13
I could be persuaded on the seats though I'd really be looking at doing front and back. (assuming the rear seats had airbag support).

I sat in the S4 seats a month ago and was disappointed that it lacked the thigh adjust. I'd *really* like to find one, with the RS6 recaros, to sit in just to be sure....

JAXRS6
February 5th, 2004, 07:14
Originally posted by Bauer
I also believe the S8 seats are better than the Euro RS6 seats

I don't know about the S8, but my dealer in SW Florida says the seats in the new A8L, which seem very comfortable, will not fit in the RS6.

Klint
February 5th, 2004, 07:17
Hi Guys,

Currently I'm a little busy but I can make time to pursue this further. I'll get round to that as soon as I can. :)

I'll take another visit to the dealer and get details of the RS6 logoed mats (F+R) and see if there's anything on the rear Recaro seats, for Bauer and rs6w.

:0:

highrustler
February 6th, 2004, 07:49
I'd be interested in mats and front seats.

Thanks,
James

RS6FEVR
February 6th, 2004, 16:04
:cheers: Klint
Definite interest in a set of EU mats!! Loved them first time I saw the pictures. Keep me on the list if one develops. I have some contacts in U.K. (Liverpool area) who might be able to consolidate shipping if this develops. Don't know if we can handle seats, but, certainly mats in a small crate.
:addict: FEVR :addict:

Bauer
February 6th, 2004, 16:15
I would be interested in the mats as well..:cheers:

Klint
February 6th, 2004, 17:15
Afternoon Gents,

I'm currently working on the details of the Euro RS6 Recaro seats.

I have some brief estimates in regards to those seats- they're priced circa. £1200 each before shipping costs/delivery. As for the rear Recaro seat, i'm currently unsure, but i'll get round to it.

Klint
February 6th, 2004, 17:21
I can also give some estimates in regards to the RS6 logoed mats. Those Mats are priced around the £300+ region, and again, before shipping costs/delivery charges.

RS6FEVR
February 6th, 2004, 19:55
Thanks for that update amid your your goings and comings. I'm definitely still interested in the mats, even at the price your investigation uncovered! :eek: :eek:
As I said earlier, maybe I can help with the consolidation and or shipping details if needed.
Thanks for the efforts :D :D

Klint
February 6th, 2004, 22:29
Originally posted by RS6FEVR
Thanks for that update amid your your goings and comings. I'm definitely still interested in the mats, even at the price your investigation uncovered! :eek: :eek:
As I said earlier, maybe I can help with the consolidation and or shipping details if needed.
Thanks for the efforts :D :D

Hi FEVR,

I'll keep your offer in mind! It's appreciated. :0:

jimmy94507
February 6th, 2004, 22:56
In early January, I received the following quote:
Martyn @ VAG Parts wrote:

HI Jim,
Well this is a real co-incidence!! I found out the details this morning about these mats!! I had asked Germany last week to confirm the prices and how long to get of the RS6 logo mats, I get the reply today, and here is your mail asking...!! perfect timing Jim!! I just mailed the details to a friend in the US about the mats:

I finally got nailed down recently, was the RS6 carpet mats, the ones with the logo on them, I believe they are Quattro Gmbh ones. I'm not sure if you can get them in the US, infact... at the price Germany are charging, I doubt if anyone would want them! I have been asked a couple of times about the price and now I know it. The set of 4 in black left hand drive is 385 Uk pounds, yes you read that correct!

Over $700 for the mats. Pretty steep!

Regards, Jim

gregoryindiana
February 7th, 2004, 21:57
Thanks!

Klint
February 9th, 2004, 17:41
GregoryIndiana,

You have one too, this news maybe out of date. :)

Everyone,

I made contact with an individual in regards to the seats, and well, I've been given information as to who I can contact who might be of more help (again.lol) So, I'll give that contact a try and see how things go from there, as you all can see it's slowly progressing but it's getting there. :0: