PDA

View Full Version : About to buy new drive-shaft, is this one and this company good to deal with?

LaserSVT
October 25th, 2015, 00:39
Before I drop the $600 on this shaft I just wanted to make sure nobody has had issues with this company. It seems to be a lot of shaft for the money and is way cheaper than the OEM one and only a little more than a rebuilt one. I don't know what they normally spin a drive-shaft to for balancing so them saying its spun to 3500 RPM does not tell me much. I do like stronger parts and they claim HD CVs and U-Joints. So this seem legit to anyone? I also don't mind other suggestions. The only one piece shafts I can find are carbon fiber and I am not spending $1600 for a D/S.

https://www.wholesaleimportparts.com/Audi_RS6_Driveshaft_2003.php

I will be ordering it first thing Monday morning so I can have my baby back on the road by next weekend unless someone has had a bad experience with them before.

ttboost
October 25th, 2015, 11:51
I still have my 60k mile stock driveshaft that has been sitting in my garage for 3 years...tell me what you want to pay and how to ship it?

DHall1
October 25th, 2015, 14:42
I would buy oem new or known good used.

I would not buy whats in that link

MaxRS6
October 25th, 2015, 14:57
^Listen to da man that knows his stuff....My less than .03 worth

lswing
October 25th, 2015, 15:09
^Listen to da man that knows his stuff....My less than .03 worth

Dave is good for .06 cents worth at least, most days...

Personally I would try Shokan, they specialize in parting these cars out. Used OEM.

hahnmgh63
October 25th, 2015, 15:46
I also have a shaft, 77K. If someone on the list here has a good shaft and close I would take that. Your signature doesn't say but I think your in Texas? Relatively easy install. You can send your old shaft out for rebuild while you install the other, or save up for the C.F. shaft. I think Scotty at Advanced Automotion still sells C.F. shafts. A few different brands out there for the B5 S4 guy's but probably easy to get one custom made, same ends just longer for C5 cars, maybe larger diameter needed for the extra length though.

Bigglezworth
October 25th, 2015, 19:24
You can swap out the two end joints and the center supprt bearing for $100ea. Is the shaft bent, or has the bearing failed. I didn't read through the plethora of posts to know what went south with your original shaft.

LaserSVT
October 25th, 2015, 20:12
Lets just consider my shaft a no go. Its damaged and in several ways.

A few members here have contacted me about used shafts ranging from 60-180k on them and it seems the greater the mileage the higher the price. I just dont see how a 12 year old shaft is better than a brand new one using the OEM shaft and updated parts. All of them with age will have cracked carrier bearing rubber on them and the CV has rubber in it too.
So the other suggestion is to replace those parts with new ones. Well thats exactly what the shaft I linked is.

So since you guys know more about these cars than I do I am going to get back with the member that has offered me a very generous offer for his low mileage shaft based on Daves advice. He has given me nothing but perfect advice and everything he said has been spot on with my car. He says go with a used one off an RS6, thats what I will do and order new OEM CV seals.

Thank you all.

MaxRS6
October 25th, 2015, 23:40
^On a positive note- If it doesn't work out- We can sling monkey poo at Dave...;0

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M7395cf9a1e7c4143508b2b0ae4264353o0&pid=15.1