PDA

View Full Version : OEM Parts

orcars6
October 24th, 2015, 18:05
What sites are suggested for genuine Audi parts- I am looking for the trim piece strip ( that will need to be painted body color) that is under front doors and new head light covers? Thx.

mrdave
October 24th, 2015, 19:27
There are a bunch of sites with genuine parts but it's probably going to be difficult to find RS6 door blades anywhere and if you do I'm guessing they won't be cheap. Ebay or forums will probably be your best bet.

Also, you can't just purchase headlight covers. You'll have to get the whole assembly, which again won't be cheap if you purchase new.

hahnmgh63
October 24th, 2015, 23:01
When I'm looking for OEM parts I go with www.genuineaudiparts.com which have the best prices for an authorized Audi dealer.

Other_Erik
October 26th, 2015, 11:22
What sites are suggested for genuine Audi parts- I am looking for the trim piece strip ( that will need to be painted body color) that is under front doors and new head light covers? Thx.

So for your headlights, what's going on? Bad ballasts, fogged housings, cracked brackets, etc...?

I have a pair of OE headlight capsules, with ballasts and brackets and bulbs, but the brackets are cracked (a 4" deep pothole caused everything in front of the firewall to "flex" and did ~$8k in damage to the car - at 4 mph) and not useable. If you're just having issues with ballasts or housings, these could be disassembled, cleaned up, and swapped in, maybe even without having to remove the front bumper (as is needed when full bracketry is involved).

let me know if you're interested, I think I've listed them here at $200 plus actual shipping.

Thanks
O_E