PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a few runs at track! Mixed results

RKturbo
October 16th, 2015, 05:36
Well it was still a little warm (78 degrees) and was only running 93 oct but decent results. 4 runs. Slowest was first one a 12.3 @110mph (was still sunny and 85 degrees out then) and fastest was last one at 12.1@112. 60 ft times ranged from 1 1.82 and the other 3 were mid to high 1.7's. Not thrilled with mph though. Had problems getting it to log correctly with Vagcom but did see the intake temps were pretty high at 76c. Sitting in long line with the engine waiting my turn to run probably not helping heat soak. Think with new methanol installed and better 60ft times should certainly be well in the 11's. Below is the 12.2 run slip I kept.

DHall1
October 16th, 2015, 06:29
Bloody hell IAT temps!!!!!

You gotta keep the hood up and water down the intercoolers and y pipe.

How did you launch

RKturbo
October 16th, 2015, 12:15
Bloody hell IAT temps!!!!!

You gotta keep the hood up and water down the intercoolers and y pipe.

How did you launch

Yeah no doubt. Funny that I logged it a couple of weeks ago and IAT's were in the high 40's with almost same outside temp. Heat soak is a killer. Not easy access to water but hood was up. Still, oddly my fastest time was basically hot lapped it and got back in line and ran again with no cool down.

Launch was the rev 3 times and hold. It was wanting to go. Could feel rear brakes not holding as well and rear tires trying to turn. Left at about 2400.

Bigglezworth
October 16th, 2015, 15:04
It will crack 12 and gain another 3-4/10's on a good day.... :)

RKturbo
October 16th, 2015, 15:27
Yeah Tim definitely think it is good for 11.7-11.8. You know reliability issues aside you gotta love these cars. They make look a little dated and are not the lightest on their feet but when tuned... They can really move. How many other 4 door cars can do what these can on 93 oct and no slicks? Hell, how many 2 doors? Lol Certainly the new vette and WRX STI found that out last night. And for less than 25k total! :thumb:

ttboost
October 17th, 2015, 00:53
How many other 4 door cars can do what these can on 93 oct and no slicks?

I can think of one...:hahahehe:

Congrats, still very good times...

DHall1
October 17th, 2015, 03:12
How many AWD 4 door 12yr old luxury sedans crack 11s with a flash?

Lol

I can think of one...:hahahehe:

Congrats, still very good times...

RKturbo
October 17th, 2015, 06:26
Lol yeah, yeah. There was a 2012 CTSV out there that ran a 11.1. Course he was running full blown slicks, race gas and they cost double the price. But yes, point made. ;)

Bigglezworth
October 17th, 2015, 06:44
CTS-V is great for power without question. Not so great for a winter ride though which as much as I would like to have a Vagon, the Caddy loses out to the Quattro of the Audi. Same can be said for the Merc. Only a matter of weeks before the streets are littered with the white stuff around here and a new set of Hakka's are enroute to ensure the fun continues through til spring.

RKturbo
October 17th, 2015, 06:52
Yep, I'm with you. Gets crazy here too! What, with the white stuff (we call it sand) on the roads... traction is a huge issue! :harass:

CTS-V is great for power without question. Not so great for a winter ride though which as much as I would like to have a Vagon, the Caddy loses out to the Quattro of the Audi. Same can be said for the Merc. Only a matter of weeks before the streets are littered with the white stuff around here and a new set of Hakka's are enroute to ensure the fun continues through til spring.

ttboost
October 17th, 2015, 12:42
I only posted because you DIDN'T say AWD..I figured Dave would interject...but very true...always loved the car, and always will...it just doesn't do what I want anymore. And to be fair, I loved my Audi so much, I never even drove it in the snow...not because I didn't think it was capable, I just didn't trust idiots on the road...I have a beautiful truck to drive when it snows. Again, your "AWD 4 door 12yr old luxury sedan" is hauling a$$..I actually am glad to see it...

Bigglezworth
October 17th, 2015, 16:31
I'd quite conceivably own the CTS-V if it had and AWD platform. I so love the wagon's looks. Not a bad thing whatsoever 'having-to-do-with' an Audi. lol

4everRS
October 17th, 2015, 17:37
Great results. Especially with those iat's!

Meth injection will cool that lump down quick.

lswing
October 17th, 2015, 18:13
Well done. Yes, you'll like the extra boost from the W/M, cooler and higher octane. I've been burning the Devils Own 51/49 mix, cheap and clean.

Just remember, your $25k car will be a $33k car after enough launches and hard shifts:)

RKturbo
October 18th, 2015, 01:09
Well done. Yes, you'll like the extra boost from the W/M, cooler and higher octane. I've been burning the Devils Own 51/49 mix, cheap and clean.

Just remember, your $25k car will be a $33k car after enough launches and hard shifts:)

Hey dont jinx me. Lol I have been thinking that it might be better to run straight water or much less methanol in the mix with current tune. Think the Devils brew would be adding to much fuel and really just want to cool the intake charge down a bunch and not need to add more fuel. I think if I was going to get it re-tuned for more boost ect and could lean it out a little more then the 50/50 or the 49/51 mix would work better. Thoughts?

makaveli42
October 18th, 2015, 03:45
1. I hate you lol. Congrats tho! 12.6 @ 110 is my best with a 1.95 60'. Pretty sure I have a boost leak..or I suck at driving lol. 2. Why didn't you have Marc add launch control??

RKturbo
October 18th, 2015, 17:36
1. I hate you lol. Congrats tho! 12.6 @ 110 is my best with a 1.95 60'. Pretty sure I have a boost leak..or I suck at driving lol. 2. Why didn't you have Marc add launch control??

Well my first one was a 12.3 at 110 so same mph but I had a stronger 1.83 60ft time. Probably where most of the difference is. Of course as mentioned earlier, launching it hard is not without its cost. Literally! :( My MPH is a good bit down as well but PRETTY confident no boost leaks but am going to do aother test to make sure. My gut is telling me the really high intake temps is why MPH down so much.

As far as launch control I did not even though it was an option and for the very limited times I am going to be tearing out of the hole probably OK without it. It launches pretty strong already with just brake stalling it.

Dmb408
October 19th, 2015, 15:08
RK just curious...what do the Miro's weigh or anything additional removed from the car (spare, etc.)?

RKturbo
October 19th, 2015, 16:49
There were some ugly ass TSW Silverstone 19x8's on it when I go it so cannot tell you the difference from factory wheels but these in 19.5 22lbs each and the TSW's were almost 29 if I remember correctly. Besides the secondary cats, SAI, and aux radiators and yes the spare tire, jack, factory nav and brackets and of course the battery which is like 30lbs less on its own. I would say a good 200lbs total out of it. Sure when I swap out the DRC for coil overs will be a few more lbs (pump, lines ect). Besides factory sub/amp (only weighed like 8lbs anyway and want my tunes) not sure there is much else could pull.

Dmb408
October 19th, 2015, 20:53
OK so you were somewhat lightweighted...but yea those wheels at 29 are basically stock weight...so if you were actually running something 10 pounds lighter that might have been enough to get you over the hump assuming traction held up with the lighter wheels.