PDA

View Full Version : Spark plug replacement interval?

LaserSVT
September 30th, 2015, 05:48
I was just curious because i was able to get a small portion of my cars service records today. I was told to get service records for when it wasnt a warranty/goodwill service that I would need to call the dealers in the area where the car used to live and figure out which one took care of it. Shouldnt be too hard as there are only a few Audi dealers in Houston. At any rate I see the plugs were done at 15k and 33k. Are they only good for 15k miles?

P1054
September 30th, 2015, 06:47
The maintenance interval for spark plugs is 20k miles. See the maintenance schedule in the sticky thread I referenced a couple of days ago. They are recommended to be replaced at 15k, 35k, 55k, 75k, 95k, etc. Incidentally I have a set of 8 NGK PFR7Q's sitting in my garage ready to install one of these days really soon. I'm just over 135k on the clock.

LaserSVT
September 30th, 2015, 15:00
Yeah and I couldn't find what thread that dang link was in as I didn't see it as a sticky in this forum section. I had gone to the FAQ sticky but it only showed how, not how often.
Thanks for the heads up though. These cars are a tad more maintenance heavy than I would have ever thought. Timing belts are 2-3x as often and appears plugs are 5x more often than a regular car.

Oh well, at least it ain't on Bugatti's maintenance schedule (price wise). LOL

EDIT: I just found the link within that link.

Dmb408
September 30th, 2015, 15:41
The real question is do you have to do valve cover gaskets every time you do plugs cause it sure seems like that is about how long gaskets work (100%) on this car.

Turbowned
September 30th, 2015, 18:35
My gaskets haven't started leaking, yet... I'll wait til 100k when I do a major overhaul with TB/WP, timing chain tensioner/guides, bufkin pipe, R8 coils, etc.

LaserSVT
September 30th, 2015, 23:23
We were noticing during the cars inspection that the VC gaskets looked brand new. Could see dirt on the VC and on the head but the black sliver of rubber looked like it was just installed. Heck, maybe they just did the plugs too because there are no signs of even an old oil leak and I was up in there with my mechanics camera.