PDA

View Full Version : A silly NAV question

fukinavit
September 14th, 2015, 16:24
so I upgraded the standard equip radio to the RNSE unit from Zawa a few month back. Its an awesome piece of kit and highly recommended. However, I know that when you have a route programmed in you can have this shown in the driver display in the cluster. My question is, is there a button you have to press to enable this as sometimes it shows in the display and sometimes not and I don't know what I did different. Like does the radio have to be off? so the display is cleared or in a certain view on the driver stalk? Any input would be awesome, thanks.

lswing
September 14th, 2015, 16:40
Small button on the bottom of the stock might toggle through, and it will turn the screen off. This is the bottom of the lower right one, where you typically use the end to toggle through mpg settings.

marklar182
September 14th, 2015, 18:08
It is a known bug as RNS-E is not fully compatible with the RS6 Instrument Cluster.

fukinavit
September 14th, 2015, 18:18
It is a known bug as RNS-E is not fully compatible with the RS6 Instrument Cluster.

OK, it's just hit and miss, not sure if there was a sure way to do it. I also still have the oe nav still installed, I wonder if this conflicts with it.

JSRS6
September 14th, 2015, 19:12
I have always been able to switch views on the DIS by pressing the button on the bottom of the right stalk.

fukinavit
September 14th, 2015, 19:29
I have always been able to switch views on the DIS by pressing the button on the bottom of the right stalk.

So can I, but it wont show directions

JSRS6
September 15th, 2015, 01:05
I got ya. Sounds like maybe CAN wire not connected to back of instrument cluster?

Other_Erik
September 15th, 2015, 13:03
So can I, but it wont show directions

Is it not showing directions at all, or just when you're closing in on the next turn/exit? I found when I was making my trip up to the beach that the DIC would only display the next turn within a half mile or so. Best bet I think would be to talk to Zawa, see what he has to say.

O_E

marklar182
September 15th, 2015, 15:32
It should always show automatically in the DIS once Route is started, but there is a bug so that sometimes it wont show, the workaround is to turn the RNSE OFF/ON.

If it isn't showing at all on the DIS, you need a VAGCOM to update the Instrument cluster (17), Adaptation (10), address 62, change value to 5.