PDA

View Full Version : Indi Shop in San Diego

Gentleman
September 12th, 2015, 07:39
The time has come for timing belts on my new to me 69,000 mile RS6. Wondering if anyone has recommendations for a shop in San Diego. I want to do the job myself, but work has me busy and I don't have the time.

Thanks!

ben916
September 14th, 2015, 16:43
Still PureMS in Miramar area or Raven in Long Beach.

Avoid Miramar Audi.

Possibly Audi Escondido...

Gentleman
September 15th, 2015, 06:13
Still PureMS in Miramar area or Raven in Long Beach.

Avoid Miramar Audi.

Possibly Audi Escondido...

I have tried contacting PureMS to no avail. (Have not walked in yet, will do so soon)
I will look in to Raven..

thanks!

midwest1275
September 15th, 2015, 07:21
Raven Motorsports in Long Beach is great. They sorted out my RS6 when I picked it up last year. Quality work and good prices. They definitely know the RS6

Gentleman
September 17th, 2015, 06:12
Got a hold of Michael at PURE and I'm scheduled for Tuesday!

whooHoo!

AudiPilot
April 26th, 2021, 22:28
I hate to say it, but PureMS is no longer a favored spot for repair of the aging RS6 -- they just won't work on the car if they cannot source parts directly from Audi... in my case MAF airbox seals, turbo seals, etc.

I'm trying to resolve low MAF 2 airflow that's probably the result of a failing turbo on that side (thank you @nubcake, who gets all the credit for discovery). No low boost code(s) yet, but plenty of cylinder ignition retardation and inadequate MAF 2 airflow when data logged. Following shop diagnosis, the recommendation (verbatim) from PureMS when I asked "what should I do?" was (dryly), "Sell the car." I then confirmed explicitly that they will not work on a car if they can't source a legitimate Audi part. For example, my car already has an aux cooling fan that's OE for a Passat, with a re-wired wire bundle connector -- same fitment, just needed a slight re-wire. PureMS won't do anything like this.

Unfortunately, Raven seems permanently closed. Does anyone have a solid San Diego recommendation for a shop that will work "outside the box" in terms of creatively sourcing parts? Has anyone else run into this issue with their trusted shop?