PDA

View Full Version : Interface of OBDII USB Diagnostic Cable with Ross Tech software ???

cruzanrs6
September 11th, 2015, 19:14
I see ECS sells a cable for $29.95, does any one know if it will work with the Ross Tech Software ? I've always borrowed a "real cable". I know the Ross Tech cable is $250 ish.

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES6928/?gclid=CPaD18DK78cCFQiLaQodqF0I_A

cgc154
September 11th, 2015, 19:57
Maybe with the "lite" version of their software? I'm pretty sure the Ross Tech official cable acts as dongle/portable software license so you won't get full access to the VCDS capabilities with the ECS cable. Never used the ECS cable, so pure conjecture on my part.

GreggPDX
September 11th, 2015, 22:27
Ross Tech cable definitely acts as a hardware key for VCDS, I doubt the ECS cable will work. I have one and I'd be happy to run a scan for you.

Gregg

Other_Erik
September 15th, 2015, 12:37
Maybe with the "lite" version of their software? I'm pretty sure the Ross Tech official cable acts as dongle/portable software license so you won't get full access to the VCDS capabilities with the ECS cable. Never used the ECS cable, so pure conjecture on my part.

Confirming. The Vag-Com cable acts as a licensing dongle. With any other interface cable, you can use VCDS-lite, but not the full-featured version. I'm not being paid to say it, but take the plunge and get the real cable if you want full scan features. If we the community don't support outfits like Vag-Com, then they don't support us.

O_E