PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2003 RS6 - 114k miles, fully serviced, imported to Canada as a salvage title...

ScottW
September 9th, 2015, 21:27
$15,000 USD

Rebuilt in Canada prior to my ownership.

I purchased this car at the end of February 2015 after having seen the pictures of the US accident that caused the insurance company to declare it a write off in 2011. It didn't look horrible to me (bolt on parts) and whoever did the rebuild did a great job with the car as it's aesthetically excellent and it was granted a "rebuilt" title after the mandated Ontario inspection (we don't have "salvage" titles here). I've included the pictures here.

Having said that, I had the car inspected (paid for their time) top to bottom at the dealership to itemize and quote anything they felt need to be addressed ($6800) and had all work performed by my independent Audi mechanic that I've been using for 12 years/13 Audis. I was able to speak with the most recent owner who was able to confirm that the timing belt and water pump were most recently done at 150k KM (93,200 miles). The car currently sits at approx. 183k KM (114k Miles)...I was also able to get my hands on some service history etc., but not the total package.

Here's a link to my current Autotrader Canada ad:
http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Audi/RS+6/AURORA/Ontario/19_8968995_/ with the basic details.

Keeping in mind that I knew all of this going in, this car is really a ton of fun for the money. It needs nothing mechanically, but does need a rear wheel well liner as I had a rubbing incident when fitting my 20" Sportecs.

I'm posting this from work, so I'm likely leaving info out, but between my posts on this forum and emailing me directly, I can answer any questions you may have. I'll give you as much info as you need (full disclosure) as my worst case is that I keep it. My reason for selling is that I'm looking to make a career change, and the money from the car will be covering my course costs.

Anyhow, if it's of interest to anybody, I'll sell it, if not, I'll drive it. I'm driving this car more than my other one as I smile everytime I drive it...the mileage will be going up by a couple of thousand over then next few weeks as I'm planning on taking it on some business trips. :D