PDA

View Full Version : Polar White RS6 Avant build

canyon
September 7th, 2015, 17:24
Step 1, interior swap. Kept the silver headliner and pillars from the S6. Matches the piping on he RS6 seats and floor mats really well.

Before

canyon
September 7th, 2015, 17:28
And after
16717d1671816719

canyon
September 7th, 2015, 17:33
Donor car in the air

SAF
September 7th, 2015, 17:50
Got spare headlights?

DHall1
September 7th, 2015, 23:20
Very nice.

kruat
September 8th, 2015, 00:33
There gonna let you do this all at the dealer?

canyon
September 8th, 2015, 00:59
Well they're letting me do this, so yes

Cmnair
September 8th, 2015, 01:05
Very cool!

lswing
September 8th, 2015, 03:59
Well they're letting me do this, so yes

Natural resting position.

Looking good, great work area.

kruat
September 8th, 2015, 05:00
Is that belluve audi? I was offered a tech job there, there shop is ridiculously big...no wonder they wouldn't care about you taking up a couple stalls.

I can't wait to get a shop, and stop working in my small garage.

canyon
September 8th, 2015, 05:06
Is that belluve audi? I was offered a tech job there, there shop is ridiculously big...no wonder they wouldn't care about you taking up a couple stalls.

I can't wait to get a shop, and stop working in my small garage.

Yes it is. I don't clog up any bays but my own. If you have a pulse and a social security number, we'll hire you.

kruat
September 8th, 2015, 05:14
Yes it is. I don't clog up any bays but my own. If you have a pulse and a social security number, we'll hire you.

Well thanks, I like to think I have more then just a pulse and ssn. I just didn't think it was worth the move. I worked for a few years at sunset audi, then just relized I much prefer wrenching on my spare time over making money at it. I quit and never looked back.

Good luck with the swap.

canyon
September 8th, 2015, 05:19
Well thanks, I like to think I have more then just a pulse and ssn. I just didn't think it was worth the move. I worked for a few years at sunset audi, then just relized I much prefer wrenching on my spare time over making money at it. I quit and never looked back.

Good luck with the swap.

LOL, sorry wasn't a jab at you. Just some of the young guys we have in the shop. I applaud you for not getting sucked into this world.

kruat
September 8th, 2015, 05:25
LOL, sorry wasn't a jab at you. Just some of the young guys we have in the shop. I applaud you for not getting sucked into this world.

No sweat man, Sunset was/is the same way. The tech turnover rate is bad...plus they didn't want to pay the guys who really knew what they were doing an appropriate wage. Just wasn't worth it anymore.

SAF
September 8th, 2015, 20:36
Canyon, are you planning to swap out the door blades with the RS6 ones? Would finish it off nicely IMO.

Turbowned
September 8th, 2015, 20:48
This is gonna be awesome! Looking forward to watching your progress :)

canyon
September 8th, 2015, 21:36
Canyon, are you planning to swap out the door blades with the RS6 ones? Would finish it off nicely IMO.

I have RS6 side skirts, door caps, rear bumper, and rear spoiler that will be going to paint within the next month or so. Right now I'm just waiting on myself to finish this clients RS6 so I can free up the engine table and yank mine out. Couple more small things to iron out with the swap and once I get it all in line the transplant will begin.

canyon
September 12th, 2015, 05:32
Well the clients RS6 is finally out of the way. Just need to freshen these 2 up and then my donor car will go under the knife.

downhillra
September 14th, 2015, 06:57
Very cool! Any updates?

Also, are you selling any parts of either car? I am looking for CF trim and an rs6 front bumper for my 02 S6.

DHall1
September 14th, 2015, 07:06
Search is your friend. Check the for sale section. There may be a carcass of a dead horse left to chew on.

Very cool! Any updates?

Also, are you selling any parts of either car? I am looking for CF trim and an rs6 front bumper for my 02 S6.

ThomasP_SS
September 15th, 2015, 17:17
Mr. RS Tech!

canyon
September 17th, 2015, 04:40
Mr. RS Tech!

This ones for you Thomas!

ThomasP_SS
September 23rd, 2015, 22:58
Make sure you get all your vacuum lines routed correctly. Quite a bit of them on the RS6

canyon
October 17th, 2015, 06:28
Prep time

canyon
October 17th, 2015, 06:29
Goodbye secondary air

RKturbo
October 17th, 2015, 06:44
Search is your friend. Check the for sale section. There may be a carcass of a dead horse left to chew on.

Lol You crack me up Dave. Yeah did not look like much left.

P1054
October 17th, 2015, 07:16
Looking good. Wish I would've had that table when I was doing my conversion!

canyon
October 19th, 2015, 04:01
Front and rear brakes on. Rear sway bar on. Side skirts, door caps, and sill panels next.

NY RS6
October 19th, 2015, 04:38
Let me know when you are done, I'll buy it from you then.

canyon
October 19th, 2015, 04:44
Haha, I don't think you can afford it.

Avus-RS6
October 21st, 2015, 07:24
Wow, cool conversion. Who's doing your tuning? lol

October 21st, 2015, 23:33
That is sweet!! Will the SAI delete affect emissions testing in Seattle?

GreggPDX
October 22nd, 2015, 00:24
Prep time

I need one of those tables!

(and the lift)

(and pretty much every tool in that shop!)

Avus-RS6
October 22nd, 2015, 00:32
As long as the tune produces no CEL then it will pass emissions.

That is sweet!! Will the SAI delete affect emissions testing in Seattle?

canyon
October 22nd, 2015, 05:28
Wow, cool conversion. Who's doing your tuning? lol

Frenchie? You know what's up!

Avus-RS6
October 22nd, 2015, 06:31
Indeed. Can't wait to see it all done.

DHall1
October 22nd, 2015, 14:41
So to add some details to this thread

What were some of the changes needed to swap instrument cluster and steering wheel?

Did you relocate the battery to the rear? How did you run the cables?

Rear subframe? Did you swap the RS6 subframe with diff?

What about fuel tank and pumps?

What about the coolant after run pump and wires. Did you have to run new wires?

I have feelers out for a S6 and could be doing this soon. Must need head examined.

canyon
October 22nd, 2015, 21:03
So to add some details to this thread

What were some of the changes needed to swap instrument cluster and steering wheel?

Did you relocate the battery to the rear? How did you run the cables?

Rear subframe? Did you swap the RS6 subframe with diff?

What about fuel tank and pumps?

What about the coolant after run pump and wires. Did you have to run new wires?

I have feelers out for a S6 and could be doing this soon. Must need head examined.

Nothing needed to swap cluster and wheel, except immobilizer stuff. Plug and play on my car (I had sport steering wheel with shifters in S6)

Battery will be in the front so as to not take up any room in the trunk. Either where the SAI pump was, or next to coolant tank

RS6 avants used the same aluminum rear subframe as the the RS6 so I left it rather than swap with the steel sedan one. Swapping RS6 rear diff and center driveshaft over.

Using stock S6 tank with AEM in tank pump. Swapping over all the RS6 larger lines though.

After run pump wiring is part of the engine harness. The after run coolant valve located at the bottom of the radiator is getting deleted.

It's actually a lot easier than you would expect. Just time consuming.

Bigglezworth
October 23rd, 2015, 00:25
Battery will be in the front so as to not take up any room in the trunk. Either where the SAI pump was, or next to coolant tank.Will be interested in seeing exactly how you manage this. I deleted my SAI some time ago and I feel confident in saying I certainly wouldn't be able to get a battery in to the front passenger area. There is some room in the cowling area, but it requires a full revisit of the air cabin filter, coolant tank, brake booster and ECU locations IMO. Anyway, pics will show all and look forward to seeing those ones.

DHall1
October 23rd, 2015, 04:25
Thanks

Yep on the dash pin to convert.

I was thinking about the rear hubs...may be needed for caliper mounting

Nothing needed to swap cluster and wheel, except immobilizer stuff. Plug and play on my car (I had sport steering wheel with shifters in S6)

Battery will be in the front so as to not take up any room in the trunk. Either where the SAI pump was, or next to coolant tank

RS6 avants used the same aluminum rear subframe as the the RS6 so I left it rather than swap with the steel sedan one. Swapping RS6 rear diff and center driveshaft over.

Using stock S6 tank with AEM in tank pump. Swapping over all the RS6 larger lines though.

After run pump wiring is part of the engine harness. The after run coolant valve located at the bottom of the radiator is getting deleted.

It's actually a lot easier than you would expect. Just time consuming.

canyon
October 23rd, 2015, 04:37
Thanks

You have to use the RS6 rear hubs for the brake swap. God knows why they chose to use the stupid ones that are on the S6. RS6 and Allroad are the same.

SteveKen
October 23rd, 2015, 15:34
You have to use the RS6 rear hubs for the brake swap. God knows why they chose to use the stupid ones that are on the S6. RS6 and Allroad are the same.

I wish I had the time to figure out how to adapt the RS6 rear calipers and rotors to the S6 carriers. It's about 4.25 lbs unsprung weight savings per side with the aluminum carriers.

I won't have to diet as much, too.

canyon
October 23rd, 2015, 16:40
I wish I had the time to figure out how to adapt the RS6 rear calipers and rotors to the S6 carriers. It's about 4.25 lbs unsprung weight savings per side with the aluminum carriers.

I won't have to diet as much, too.

I'm sure it can be done, but it won't be easy. You'll have to fab a new caliper carrier. The S6 uses a goofy caliper carrier. Then there's the whole dust shield being sandwiched between the bearing and the bearing carrier.

canyon
October 23rd, 2015, 17:18
I actually have a spare set of RS6 rear calipers and carriers I'd sell if anyone needs them. No pads or rotors.

kruat
October 24th, 2015, 03:10
You don't by chance, have the power switch to the steering wheel height/telescoping do you? Mine stopped moving up. I know it has to be the switch, as when I take my key out the wheel moves up. I'm guessin the contact inside is going bad.

canyon
October 24th, 2015, 05:27
You don't by chance, have the power switch to the steering wheel height/telescoping do you? Mine stopped moving up. I know it has to be the switch, as when I take my key out the wheel moves up. I'm guessin the contact inside is going bad.

I might. Let me check when I get to work tomorrow.

canyon
January 7th, 2016, 03:57
I've been slacking. Finally back at it.

4everRS
January 7th, 2016, 13:25
Exciting!

You're gonna take the bumper off before putting that thing in, right?

canyon
January 7th, 2016, 14:53
Yes the front end will come off before the RS6 engine/trans is installed so that the lock carrier, radiator, and electric cooling fans can all be installed.

SteveKen
January 7th, 2016, 21:58
Since I don't see the subframe on the engine stand, do you lift the engine place and then hang it from the unibody to get the subframe in place?

canyon
January 7th, 2016, 23:31
I bolted the subframe back into the car so I can push it in and out of the shop and not clog up one of my bays for work. Plus I need to push it over to detail and pressure wash the engine bay.

canyon
February 6th, 2016, 04:25
More progress today. Almost everything needed out of the donor car, and all the unwanted parts taken off the avant.

Bigglezworth
February 6th, 2016, 14:26
More progress today. Almost everything needed out of the donor car, and all the unwanted parts taken off the avant.

1707417075Aren't swapping the fenders and hood? What about the front uprights? Did the wahon already have the same aluminum parts as the RS? w'hat about the fule lines, pump, etc? Wagon have the larger lines?

canyon
February 6th, 2016, 19:44
Hood, fenders, and steering knuckles are all the same on the S6. Larger fuel lines are being swapped from the sedan to the avant. Running the S6 fuel tank with single in tank pump with larger wiring to support it.

canyon
February 10th, 2016, 04:37
Well things are really moving along nicely now. Turbos just got dropped off after being upgraded, starting to put the RS6 bits in and complete the engine bay, RS6 lock carrier and fans are on, and all body parts are getting prepped for paint. Just need to finish the wiring and should have the heart and soul installed next week!

canyon
March 8th, 2016, 18:44
Engine bay mods 99% done. Just need to clean and paint. Engine goes in on Friday.

hahnmgh63
March 9th, 2016, 02:32
Looks a lot like my RS6 Engine bay. Same color too.

Gentleman
March 9th, 2016, 07:31
This is a really cool build. I'd love an avant version.

canyon
March 10th, 2016, 05:06
New shark fin installed and RNSE going in.

Turbowned
March 12th, 2016, 03:16
Your coworkers either admire you or think you're insane...

I'm gonna go with insane.

canyon
March 12th, 2016, 04:52
Almost ready.

canyon
March 22nd, 2016, 03:28
So this happened today

nene
March 22nd, 2016, 03:43
Honestly have no idea how that engine and tranny fit in the car. Looks like it should be in a big US truck.

4everRS
March 28th, 2016, 13:13
Awesome work. Thanks for the update.

So this happened today

SteveKen
March 28th, 2016, 16:34
So this happened today

Nice.

I see you have it covered, but how did the welding on the front engine mount bracket go?

canyon
March 29th, 2016, 01:24
Not using the snub mount. Cut it off, ground it down, and painted it. Running Stern mounts to keep everything in place.

P1054
March 29th, 2016, 04:59
Nice, I recognize a few of those parts ^^

It's looking good.

canyon
March 29th, 2016, 05:27
Nice, I recognize a few of those parts ^^

It's looking good.

It wouldn't be possible without all those parts! Thank God your car was an organ donor. Any luck finding those horns?

vitalian
March 29th, 2016, 16:29
I was at Bellevue Audi on Saturday, and one of the service consultants was showing me pics of your project. I sure hope you're the one who works on my car! (It's been there a lot recently, unfortunately.)

canyon
March 29th, 2016, 16:56
I was at Bellevue Audi on Saturday, and one of the service consultants was showing me pics of your project. I sure hope you're the one who works on my car! (It's been there a lot recently, unfortunately.)

Haha, the new guy next to me got it. ABS light on?

P1054
March 29th, 2016, 20:30
It wouldn't be possible without all those parts! Thank God your car was an organ donor. Any luck finding those horns?
Yep, they're sitting on the table at home. Just need to make time to pack and ship them!

canyon
March 30th, 2016, 05:57
Yep, they're sitting on the table at home. Just need to make time to pack and ship them!

Cool. No hurry. I won't have time to work on it until mid next week anyway.

SteveKen
March 30th, 2016, 10:21
Not using the snub mount. Cut it off, ground it down, and painted it. Running Stern mounts to keep everything in place.

I hope you've done your research on this. Personally I would not risk it since there is a reason why these get severed all the time. I'm guessing it's more from movement during operation (along with the stock engine mounts) than not supporting the engine during service, etc.

I'm interested in any feedback once you are up and running.

vitalian
March 31st, 2016, 16:06
Haha, the new guy next to me got it. ABS light on?

Yup. And he didn't fix it; the light is still on and it needs to come back in. Can you work on it next time?:confused:

Your project is awesome. I'm sure there's no way a customer would be allowed in the work area for liability reasons, but I would LOVE to see it in person!!!

canyon
March 31st, 2016, 21:10
Yup. And he didn't fix it; the light is still on and it needs to come back in. Can you work on it next time?:confused:

Your project is awesome. I'm sure there's no way a customer would be allowed in the work area for liability reasons, but I would LOVE to see it in person!!!

Yeah I'm not back in the shop until late next week, so message me and we can coordinate a time to get it in.

canyon
May 10th, 2016, 04:45
Well the battery goes in this week. Just got ECM, TCM, and intercoolers back from AMD. Need to finish up the plumbing on the front end and hopefully fire her up this weekend! Body pieces should be back from paint by Saturday.

vitalian
May 10th, 2016, 19:04
Well the battery goes in this week. Just got ECM, TCM, and intercoolers back from AMD. Need to finish up the plumbing on the front end and hopefully fire her up this weekend! Body pieces should be back from paint by Saturday.

As the saying goes, "video or it didn't happen"!!!:revs:

hahnmgh63
May 10th, 2016, 23:02
Canyon, what are you doing with the RS6 shell? Wife and I were looking at Q5's up there a few weeks ago and saw an RS6 rolling shell (yours?). Just a quick look but the shell looked to be in good condition?

canyon
May 11th, 2016, 05:23
Canyon, what are you doing with the RS6 shell? Wife and I were looking at Q5's up there a few weeks ago and saw an RS6 rolling shell (yours?). Just a quick look but the shell looked to be in good condition?

That would be mine. Actually just sold it to Absolute German. They picked it up last week. Body was in perfect shape. Next time you come by bring your RS6 and let me know!

hahnmgh63
May 12th, 2016, 01:19
I will. Doing the 6spd conversion on it now. Been lazy and other projects. Need to get the clutch and tranny bolted up to the engine so I can get ready to drop it back in.

canyon
May 15th, 2016, 04:43
Well I came REALLY close to having her running today, but just ran out of time and energy. Got the front end in it's final resting position and all the oil/transmission/power steering/coolant lines routed. Just need to install the battery and TCM then she should come to life! Hopefully sometime this coming week I'll have time to wrap it up.

canyon
May 17th, 2016, 05:20
2 steps forward, 1 step back. Got her all ready today, filled the coolant and sure as shit there's a pin hole leak in the flipping radiator. Took it all apart and found the brace in front of the passenger cooling fan had been rubbing on the radiator and wore a small hole through it. It's acting like an RS6 already. There's always something.

canyon
May 22nd, 2016, 05:22
It fired right up! Wish I knew how to upload videos on here cause it sounds amazing with the cat free downpipes.

nistah
May 22nd, 2016, 15:48
It fired right up! Wish I knew how to upload videos on here cause it sounds amazing with the cat free downpipes.

Sweet, nice work!

Kgnast
May 24th, 2016, 02:14
I have a fresh RS6 rear spoiler remaining from the conversion of my A6 4.2 which never got finished due to Hurricane Sandy flushing the car down the tubes. The spoiler is brand new from BKS Tuning in Germany, never painted or installed, and it's been sitting in my closet on the parts shelf for two years. If anyone is looking for one..... send me an email.

Kgnast
May 24th, 2016, 02:16
That's an amazing project you did there..... wow. Great work.

Sweet, nice work!

canyon
May 25th, 2016, 23:51
Well here she is. Only thing left to do is mount the rear spoiler.

ThomasP_SS
May 26th, 2016, 00:14
What color will the spoiler be? Bright white or dirty white?:addict:

lswing
May 26th, 2016, 00:15
Gorgeous! How much you selling for:) Excellent to see, thanks for sharing.

nene
May 26th, 2016, 01:47
If and when you are ready to hand her to another owner, please >>>ONLY<<< post here. I am sure we can find her a new happy home then.
Great work...Congrats.

DHall1
May 26th, 2016, 04:55
I will trade you a perfectly running RS6 with stacks of records and a large briefcase full of cash.

What say you?

lswing
May 26th, 2016, 05:26
I will trade you a perfectly running RS6 with stacks of records and a large briefcase full of cash.

What say you?

Look man, Pesos may work in Arizona...

Just kidding, this is one of the better comments I've seen in a while.

canyon
May 28th, 2016, 04:56

What say you?

Haha, let me enjoy it for a minute before you start throwing offers at me. God this car is fun to drive! :rs6kiss:

lswing
May 28th, 2016, 13:54
Haha, let me enjoy it for a minute before you start throwing offers at me. God this car is fun to drive! :rs6kiss:

Don't encourage him...

Yes, it is a damn fun drive, power and traction, that sound!

This is still auto right, tuned, mods? More pics cleaned up would be great.

canyon
May 28th, 2016, 21:51
Don't encourage him...

Yes, it is a damn fun drive, power and traction, that sound!

This is still auto right, tuned, mods? More pics cleaned up would be great.

AMD intercoolers, AMD ECM and TCM tune, AMD upgraded turbo waste gates, AEM fuel pump, Edge Racing torque converter, Stern mounts, custom cat free down pipes, SE exhaust, RS5 waved rotors front and rear, RNS-E with shark fin antenna, and probably more that I forgot already. Haha. I'll take more pics once I get the rear spoiler mounted up and the body polished.

canyon
June 4th, 2016, 05:56
And tint :R8kiss:

Stephencl
June 4th, 2016, 17:51
Sooooooo awesome!!

midwest1275
June 4th, 2016, 19:13
Amazing transformation for this car. Ultimate grocery getter/sleeper. White looks so clean.

lswing
June 5th, 2016, 04:08
Wonderful...please let me know the amount I should make the check for. Wheels look small, but I assume it's camera angle, stock wheels tend to look good.

canyon
June 7th, 2016, 22:32
Wonderful...please let me know the amount I should make the check for. Wheels look small, but I assume it's camera angle, stock wheels tend to look good.

Yeah, these wheels look much better

DHall1
June 8th, 2016, 00:29
I'll add another "0" to my number.

lswing
June 8th, 2016, 01:35
Yeah, these wheels look much better

Yes, yes they do...tired of it yet?

canyon
June 8th, 2016, 05:10
In the wild

nene
June 8th, 2016, 21:35
Too bad you are so far away. We could share wheels and every 2 weeks the cars would look different. Still drooling at that Avant.

canyon
June 13th, 2016, 17:40
Some cool pics from the drive to Leavenworth.

lswing
June 13th, 2016, 18:30
Beast! Bet it got some good attention up there, good times.

canyon
July 17th, 2016, 06:11
Just a quick update. Got the unicorn on the dyno yesterday. Initial pulls were around 490 torque. Due to transmission software needing some tweaking we de-tuned it to 405 horsepower and 463 torque. Once the TCU software gets ironed out she should be in the ballpark of 450 horsepower and 535 torque. Not too shabby :revs:

Turbowned
July 17th, 2016, 19:31
Very nice!! Not too shabby for an old kiddie/doggie hauler ;-)

midwest1275
July 17th, 2016, 20:10
Man this is really sweet. Ultimate Avant. Way better than any Mercedes, BMW, etc wagon

canyon
July 18th, 2016, 20:42
Dyno video

https://www.facebook.com/addictmotorsport/videos/1322321244462363/

SteveKen
July 19th, 2016, 14:39
Dyno video

https://www.facebook.com/addictmotorsport/videos/1322321244462363/

This is awesome.

I'm really missing my AMD tuned RS6 6MT avant. My only regret was that it was not white like yours.

I like the in video where you can see the car slowly start to squat. Looks like slo-mo. . .

So what's next? Will AMD be modifying the TCU to allow you to up the HP/TQ?

canyon
July 19th, 2016, 14:46
This is awesome.

I'm really missing my AMD tuned RS6 6MT avant. My only regret was that it was not white like yours.

I like the in video where you can see the car slowly start to squat. Looks like slo-mo. . .

I still can't believe you sold yours. :doh: Yes, we're getting some transmission software developed that will allow us to turn it up.

lswing
July 19th, 2016, 17:29
I still can't believe you sold yours. :doh: Yes, we're getting some transmission software developed that will allow us to turn it up.

What exact details of the TCU tune? I assume reduction in power during shifts to not destroy the clutch plates. I bet you can still break the trans:)

canyon
July 19th, 2016, 17:57
What exact details of the TCU tune? I assume reduction in power during shifts to not destroy the clutch plates. I bet you can still break the trans:)

Magic :fastm:

lswing
July 19th, 2016, 18:51
Magic :fastm:

So you're saying you don't know:brag:hahaha, it's not rocket science, there are only so many parameters. Give us some general details when you can. You running upgraded VB pressure in the trans? I tend to like it as it certainly tightens shifts up, but now my fear is breaking an input shaft since the shifts are crisp, under Sport mode at least.

Fast Co
July 19th, 2016, 20:22
This is awesome.

I agree, this *is* awesome! Thanks for posting the video. It would be cool to get our cars together some time.

I am enjoying the heck out of the black RS6A. My only regret is that I don't get to hear it roar as it accelerates ;>).

Korben007
August 3rd, 2016, 19:28
i have a twin! almost...

canyon
August 3rd, 2016, 21:38
:addict:
i have a twin! almost...

SteveKen
August 4th, 2016, 14:46
I agree, this *is* awesome! Thanks for posting the video. It would be cool to get our cars together some time.

I am enjoying the heck out of the black RS6A. My only regret is that I don't get to hear it roar as it accelerates ;>).

Andy, please post some pics of your car in this or another thread, as I'm sure that your detailing and photography skills are far superior to than what I've shown this far.

Maybe you can start a new thread called "US RS6 Avants" or some variant?

Korben007
August 10th, 2016, 06:39
Thanks

I have lots of info on all this I'm my thread here.
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527044

Korben007
August 10th, 2016, 07:02
We Should start a thread for RS6 Avant builds and info...

SteveKen
August 15th, 2016, 15:37
Friend sent this to me over the weekend.

Only RS6+ Replica stateside.

Hmm.

This is one of those times that I wish I did all that social media stuff.

http://www.kendrish.com/galleries/RS6/misc/6905.png

Korben007
August 15th, 2016, 15:47
Friend sent this to me over the weekend.

Only RS6+ Replica stateside.

Hmm.

This is one of those times that I wish I did all that social media stuff.

http://www.kendrish.com/galleries/RS6/misc/6905.png

I've been participating alot with this build. It's gonna be awesome. He is very close!

SteveKen
August 15th, 2016, 15:55
I've been participating alot with this build. It's gonna be awesome. He is very close!

So then he should definitely know better to say that it's the only one stateside, right?

Unless it depends on what his definition of 'is' is.

canyon
August 15th, 2016, 16:33
So then he should definitely know better to say that it's the only one stateside, right?

Unless it depends on what his definition of 'is' is.

Exactly what I was thinking

Fast Co
August 15th, 2016, 21:32
Perhaps he meant RS6+? OK, what does the "plus" add?

Steve, I'm planning to do a photoshoot sometime in the near future. My grey S6 has a leaky rad (I ordered a replacement) so I've been driving the RS6A quite a bit lately and loving every minute of it. I'm taking it to an Audi Club event in Cranberry on Wed.
Rory, sorry to ~threadjack.

bethridg
August 15th, 2016, 22:19
Perhaps he meant RS6+?

^ This is how I interpreted it.

OK, what does the "plus" add?

Just happened to have re-read this thread this morning for some reason.

http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=97815

tl;dr
480hp
174mph top speed
black optics package
additional radiators behind intercoolers standard
drilled rotors standard
SE Exhaust standard
DRC standard
10mm lower ride height
19x9 anthracite 5-spoke wheels
Pedal covers
special weave carbon fiber trim
plaque matching VIN
Avant only
EU market only

Also, super jelly of you Avant guys.

canyon
August 15th, 2016, 22:23
Perhaps he meant RS6+? OK, what does the "plus" add?

Steve, I'm planning to do a photoshoot sometime in the near future. My grey S6 has a leaky rad (I ordered a replacement) so I've been driving the RS6A quite a bit lately and loving every minute of it. I'm taking it to an Audi Club event in Cranberry on Wed.
Rory, sorry to ~threadjack.

The RS6 Plus had a BRV engine code rather than the BCY. It was for the most part the same aside from standard aux radiators, more powerful ECM tune, black trim rather than the brushed aluminum, and I think there was a fancy plaque too.

canyon
September 28th, 2016, 19:15
#usingit

DHall1
September 28th, 2016, 20:04
I'll give you a Misano red RS6 sedan and suitcase full of cash.

HPO-DK
September 28th, 2016, 20:15
I'll give you a Misano red RS6 sedan and suitcase full of cash.

Damn for living in Denmark i would looowe a case full of moneey,but hen Again i am sure you dont like it in grey with dark wheels1767017671

canyon
September 28th, 2016, 20:45
Haha, it's going to take quite a large briefcase for me to part with the avant. It's such an amazing car!

DHall1
September 28th, 2016, 21:00
Ok 30k and the Misano

Haha, it's going to take quite a large briefcase for me to part with the avant. It's such an amazing car!

Fast Co
September 28th, 2016, 22:28
Damn for living in Denmark i would looowe a case full of moneey,but hen Again i am sure you dont like it in grey with dark wheels1767017671

Don't be so sure. I have an Atlas Grey S6 with dark grey 5 spoke wheels, but not as low. I also have SteveKen's black RS6A with grey wheels. It truly is a blast to drive, the "dibs" cue is 4 deep.

photo_zps4zt4zpjv.jpg (http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg483/Walbum/photo_zps4zt4zpjv.jpg?1475097554624&1475097561024&1475097639610&1475097641342)

canyon
May 25th, 2017, 05:37
Still going strong as a daily driver!

rah
May 25th, 2017, 12:10
Still going strong as a daily driver!

Nice! i saw it for the first time parked in Leavenworth last year, sweet car, if it's the same lol

canyon
May 25th, 2017, 14:39
Nice! i saw it for the first time parked in Leavenworth last year, sweet car, if it's the same lol

Yup, that was me. Didn't have the box on it. Just took it back off since winter is sadly over.

canyon
June 26th, 2017, 18:04
Got some RS7 390mm waved front brake rotors installed along with RS5 330mm waved rear rotors. Pretty damn sweet!

Aronis
June 26th, 2017, 20:31
sweet!!!!!!!!!

Mike

s8prtotype
June 28th, 2017, 17:23
Got some RS7 390mm waved front brake rotors installed along with RS5 330mm waved rear rotors. Pretty damn sweet!

Can you let us know the mods needed to get the rs5 rear on? I have a brake thread on here as well...

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/31785-Gallardo-Audi-Brake-Rotor-Options?highlight=

canyon
June 29th, 2017, 14:27
You need a 6mm spacer between the knuckle and caliper. The bolts are long enough to still use since there's some extra thread on them. I used a hardened piece of steel that was slightly over 6mm thick and made a spacer out of it. Super simple.

s8prtotype
June 29th, 2017, 15:11
THANK YOU! Sooo any room for a 5mm wheel spacer back there to make it easy? I was going to run them anyway to get my wheel/tire setting right with the fender. :)

canyon
June 29th, 2017, 17:21
I'm honestly not sure what the clearance would be like with stock wheels. I'm running 19x9 S5 peelers with a 10mm spacer in the rear, and I've got miles of clearance.

s8prtotype
June 29th, 2017, 20:20
Not worried about fitment i got that covered lol. Just wondering if i can run my ecs spacer under the rotor instead of on the outside, for the same effect. Know what i mean?

canyon
June 29th, 2017, 21:10
Not worried about fitment i got that covered lol. Just wondering if i can run my ecs spacer under the rotor instead of on the outside, for the same effect. Know what i mean?

No, because that would move it the wrong direction. You'd need an even larger caliper spacer and longer bolts at that point.

s8prtotype
June 29th, 2017, 21:47
Ohhh ok yea i read that too fast haha, same thing I was told from some overseas guy that did it with the bigger rear RS7 rotor, (he said it was around 3-4mm tho?) was thinking the offset was different for RS5 or something lol.

Thanks brotha!