PDA

View Full Version : please help once more..engine hanging in bay. alternator/starter wires bracket

Fastguy
September 1st, 2015, 00:42
Don't get my wrong...without the help on this forum, what I've done so far would not have been possible. Just aggravating laying on the garage floor with the engine dangling overhead, not knowing where to mount something so I cannot go further. I looked back at all my pics and couldn't find one of this single detail. I can't see where the bracket that holds the starter and alternator wires to the car mounts up. Therefore, I didn't finish bolting the subframe brackets in case i need to route the wires differently.

Also, one of my tags fell off. I have a larger conductor for the chassis ground, large conductor for the starter, one large conductor for the starter, but I have a fourth large conductor that I believe must go to the starter? Are there two large conductors and one plug to the alternator?

ttboost
September 1st, 2015, 01:22
Been a while, so I went through my pics too, but don't have that detail either. It seems that it would be obvious where that went, only reaches so far and should be a hole to bolt into? Hopefully Tim will see this...he'll probably remember...

Fastguy
September 1st, 2015, 01:40
i found a pic after scouring through the hundred I took. I see it looks like below subframe bracket. Almost like it would use the same bolt that is part of the motor mount?

P1054
September 1st, 2015, 02:06
If I recall correctly, it does use the same bolt that is part of the motor mount. Don't quote me on this, but it seems like you tighten up the motor mount nut, then slip the bracket on the bolt and use another nut to secure the bracket..? I have pics on my laptop that I could check.

Fastguy
September 1st, 2015, 04:10
And just to confirm with someone, the alternator has two larger gauge eyelet connectors and one small gauge plug at the bottom?