PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything additional I should know about the fuel tank valve recall?

Fastguy
August 31st, 2015, 20:54
I typed in the vin to the rs. Audi site lists the fuel rollover valve recall. Only thing that made me think about it is that I notice there is a spot of fuel underneath the tank near the filter and secondary pump. My first guess was and is rusty metal lines. Before I tear into it should I pursue this rollover valve thing first?

From what I've read the symptom of this is a leak only when filling up you get a leak only after fill up with a full tank? Just wondering if this is worth messing with?

Bigglezworth
September 1st, 2015, 00:28
Valve is to stop the fuel from empting out of the tank through the filler tube when vehicle is inverted. Valve is above the level of a full tank. Has nothing to do with the fuel lines that come from the tank feeding the engine where fuel could leak from a fitting/coupler when the vehicle is upright.

lswing
September 1st, 2015, 01:23
So in these leaking cases? Sounds like it's parked and leaking. Is this a byproduct of gas sloshing around during spirited driving? Curious minds who are too lazy to change the valve/fitting want to know.