PDA

View Full Version : Is this an MTM TCU?

RKturbo
August 24th, 2015, 18:22
So I pulled the TCU today in preparation for the MTM TCU I go off Dave to arrive. To my surprise I lifted up the carpet and both of the nuts for the TCU were missing along with the ones for the kick panel. Service records have no record of anything being done to it but everything on the car was bone stock except for ugly as hell TSW wheels, sunroof deflector, bumper and door guards. Exhaust, cats, ECU, suspension even air filters were OE. So question is there any identifying label or something on the chip to tell it is aftermarket? Seems pretty sluggish shifting to me but since only drove this one maybe it is as good as it gets. Hope to have Dave's today to compare but was curious.

RSoverAll
August 24th, 2015, 18:41
Possibly compare the coding and part number info through VCDS w/ another RS6 w/ a known OEM TCU... maybe that would reveal a difference.

The solder around the eeprom looks factory from here.

DHall1
August 24th, 2015, 19:04
Thats factory.

You should get it today.

RKturbo
August 24th, 2015, 19:39
Lol Too funny Dave. Excited to get it. Curious why they would have had the TCU out though.

RKturbo
August 25th, 2015, 13:29
Lol Too funny Dave. Excited to get it. Curious why they would have had the TCU out though.

Got it yesterday and and in. Took for a drive and much nicer shifting. TQ locks up much quicker. Big difference! Thank you Sir.

DHall1
August 25th, 2015, 16:23
Your welcome. Enjoy the car. I will send you my addy...or its on the label.