PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy airbox bolts?

makaveli42
August 23rd, 2015, 23:22
I've searched and found a few threads on it but can't find one that tells the size and length of the center bolt for the factory airbox! I need it and the Pieces to hold the "biturbo" plate!

Other_Erik
August 24th, 2015, 11:51
I've searched and found a few threads on it but can't find one that tells the size and length of the center bolt for the factory airbox! I need it and the Pieces to hold the "biturbo" plate!

Seconding the airbox bolts (dropped 1 behind the engine, and all the others are rusted)

On the ones that hold the front airbox cover, those little cleco bastards are gonna run you more than you think.

Part number 077103733 , list price is $50 apiece. Genuine has for 31, Jim Ellis Audi Parts has for $31.25/ea.
You may be able to get cheaper if you've got a good relationship with your local stealership's parts department folks.

O_E

makaveli42
August 25th, 2015, 01:46
What about the rubber pieces that do into the main air box at the bottom facing the front bumper? The ones that keep the lower "bi turbo" piece snug. I need those now and then the Mina center bolt for the main air box. Lol been searching for hours online and can't find those!

Other_Erik
August 25th, 2015, 11:36
What about the rubber pieces that do into the main air box at the bottom facing the front bumper? The ones that keep the lower "bi turbo" piece snug. I need those now and then the Mina center bolt for the main air box. Lol been searching for hours online and can't find those!

Dunno about the main center bolt, but most everyone just cuts a piece of rubber tubing for the snug bits - forget if it's 1/4 or 3/8 inner diameter... Either way, less than a buck at your local hardware store for an inch or three of Tygon tube.

O_E

Dmb408
August 25th, 2015, 15:28
Yup done what other erik has said in terms of cutting new tubing. On topic here, does anyone with better parts catalog searching knowledge have a couple for me... What are the 10mm self locking bolts on the bottom of the airbox assembly (on each side that you take off from the brackets)? And then what are the self locking nuts for the sway bar (i think 13mm mine are kind of rusty)?

makaveli42
August 25th, 2015, 16:14
What are the 10mm self locking bolts on the bottom of the airbox assembly (on each side that you take off from the brackets)? And then what are the self locking nuts for the sway bar (i think 13mm mine are kind of rusty)?

I believe N 90175203 is the nits for the right and left underside of the air box