PDA

View Full Version : RS7 - RS6 sprint

Bigglezworth
July 29th, 2015, 21:17
The old boy had a surprise visitor earlier today with a near new RS7 pulling up beside it at the light. Driver and I smiled and we went on green.... The weather was perfect and things were running fantastic. In the back of my mind I had this nervous feeling about not wanting to be wallopped and thankfully the old beast held it's own. After a solid sprint to 130'ish I ended up beingonly 1 car length behind. Respectible in my eyes considering the older technology of the 5Tip vs. that of the new 8sp sequential tranny. I was hoping to chat with the owner, but he and I were heading in different directions.

Still can't get past the looks of the fastback, but it certainly bodes well from a performance perspective. Not $80K better, but that is just my opinion. I'm totally happy with my 13yr old ride that aside from the DRC and 5Tip woes has been a great addition to my stable. :thumb:

lswing
July 29th, 2015, 21:30
Glad to hear! The RS7 is a bit miserable looking on the outside, sad really...

RKturbo
July 29th, 2015, 22:34
Nice sprint! Sure he was a little surprised. :)

Bigglezworth
July 29th, 2015, 23:41
Nice sprint! Sure he was a little surprised. :)For certain. I well believe we would have run neck and neck the entire way if the transmission was a stronger performer. You never know these days if you're running against something sporting OEM specs or one that's had some massaging. I was envisioning a half dozen car lengths plus if he had a tune installed, but I would guess he was running OEM spec which has similar power values to what I'm pushing with the modified tune and other incidentals.

ttboost
July 30th, 2015, 01:00
I could only buy a RS7, if I could figure out how to get in it, without seeing it...oh the horror...

CBeau
July 30th, 2015, 15:00
I have friend with one. Orange. Trans is like butter and interior super nice. I don't mind the looks, but I cant get past the cheesy plastic engine cover with the fake plenum molded into it... its like "really!!?? why bother". Actually he just sold it for a S63 coupe... about one of the only cars I'd say wasn't a mistake to trade for. Actually guy I bought my RS6 from was orig. owner and he got RS5.... its nice but he really misses RS6 and thinks if RS5 is faster its just barely.... and he is a chief instructor with Audi Club and PCA... he has basis to know.

Turbowned
July 30th, 2015, 16:43
I actually love the look of the A7, but the S7/RS7 don't look great to me. The A7 looks elegant, like it ought to be parked next to a yacht. The RS7 just looks weird.

I was just thinking on the drive to work this morning how I'd rather tune the RS6 to keep up with an RS7 than upgrade to one...

Dmb408
July 30th, 2015, 19:32
Yea i saw a gray one this weekend, first outside of dealer, and i have to say that it looked awesome.

ben916
July 30th, 2015, 20:17
The old boy had a surprise visitor earlier today with a near new RS7 pulling up beside it at the light. Driver and I smiled and we went on green.... The weather was perfect and things were running fantastic. In the back of my mind I had this nervous feeling about not wanting to be wallopped and thankfully the old beast held it's own. After a solid sprint to 130'ish I ended up beingonly 1 car length behind. Respectible in my eyes considering the older technology of the 5Tip vs. that of the new 8sp sequential tranny. I was hoping to chat with the owner, but he and I were heading in different directions.

Still can't get past the looks of the fastback, but it certainly bodes well from a performance perspective. Not $80K better, but that is just my opinion. I'm totally happy with my 13yr old ride that aside from the DRC and 5Tip woes has been a great addition to my stable. :thumb:

Now the $$$$ question is this: would you have faired differently with a 6 speed?

Also, did you brake boost? And which RS6 did you drive?

Bigglezworth
July 30th, 2015, 23:46
Now the $$$$ question is this: would you have faired differently with a 6 speed?

Also, did you brake boost? And which RS6 did you drive?I did brake boost yes. I was driving the one I purchased 1.5 years ago (black one) that as of this summer has received all the same goodies that my gray one has over the previous 6 years. I believe I would have been able to keep it neck and neck with a 6MT yes.

dab
August 4th, 2015, 15:17
I did brake boost yes. I was driving the one I purchased 1.5 years ago (black one) that as of this summer has received all the same goodies that my gray one has over the previous 6 years. I believe I would have been able to keep it neck and neck with a 6MT yes.

I am wondering if he braked boost, 3.2 to 60 going to be more than a car length.

Bigglezworth
August 4th, 2015, 16:39
I am wondering if he braked boost, 3.2 to 60 going to be more than a car length....but I'm running 3.5 to the same point. Rest assured he wasn't "light" on the pedal and gave it his all. As I mentioned, I have no reason to believe he was anything other than stock while I'm not stock. I wish I had the dash cam in the car, but it was still mounted in my NSX so unfortunately you'll have to take my word for it. :)

Aronis
August 4th, 2015, 22:07
Bigglezworth, are you running more than a Tune? or other mods?

Mike

(I like the RS7, just not the price tag)

CBeau,

RS5 close to RS6 for specs? I am considering getting an RS5 Cab.

Mike