PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a spare blown/good driverside OEM turbo?

belittle
July 28th, 2015, 18:29
Love prior mechanics messing crap up. Swapping a 03 Rs6 to a manual and 5 out of the 7 bolts broke on the driverside turbo. Already have the exhaust housing off the turbo but all the machine shops don't want to touch it. Can text/call me at 520 288 9975

Another idea was to buy eBay shit Rs6 replicas and steal the exhaust housing off, anyone know if they are different?

Thanks!

Bigglezworth
July 28th, 2015, 19:44
Love prior mechanics messing crap up. Swapping a 03 Rs6 to a manual and 5 out of the 7 bolts broke on the driverside turbo. Already have the exhaust housing off the turbo but all the machine shops don't want to touch it. Can text/call me at 520 288 9975

Another idea was to buy eBay shit Rs6 replicas and steal the exhaust housing off, anyone know if they are different?

Thanks!Why exactly can't you drill out and retap? I had three of the small bolts snap off on the exhaust housing when I replaced the cartridges just a few months ago and was successfull with drilling and retapping each.

belittle
July 28th, 2015, 21:53
Why exactly can't you drill out and retap? I had three of the small bolts snap off on the exhaust housing when I replaced the cartridges just a few months ago and was successfull with drilling and retapping each.

Working on that option however my drilling skills are less then subpar. Might be time to invest in a decent drill press.

UrS6
July 28th, 2015, 22:02
Working on that option however my drilling skills are less then subpar. Might be time to invest in a decent drill press.
Is there enough to weld a nut on the broken studs?

lswing
July 28th, 2015, 22:24
Audi recommends replacing both or servicing at same time to keep performance similar.