PDA

View Full Version : info on viper tuned tcu

fukinavit
July 19th, 2015, 20:03
Does any body have this in their car? I will be visiting the UK for a couple of weeks shortly and am tempted to take my tcu with me and send it to them whilst I am there. Trouble is I cant find any info on it and so far their communication, correspondence has been very poor. basically id like to know what it actually does and the cost. if anyone has any experience I would love to hear it , thanks.

4everRS
July 20th, 2015, 03:46
I have it. Shifts a bit crisper, as well as holding rpm till very high 6k rpm's. Almost 7.

I think it only comes with the tune. I don't think he'll do it without. Stage 2 tune plus tcu was about 800 bucks.

4everRS
July 20th, 2015, 03:46
Also, he's on the isle of man. Not the mainland uk

fukinavit
July 24th, 2015, 10:24
Also, he's on the isle of man. Not the mainland uk

Thanks for the reply. Think ill wait and just do the 034 tcm tune. If I buy the programmer I can do it through obd and save time, plus the money is equal too. Ive also dealt with 034 in the past and they were pretty good, viper tho, their customer support is crap.

papadoc
July 24th, 2015, 19:28
Thanks for the reply. Think ill wait and just do the 034 tcm tune. If I buy the programmer I can do it through obd and save time, plus the money is equal too. Ive also dealt with 034 in the past and they were pretty good, viper tho, their customer support is crap.

To clarify, you can do the 034 ECU tune through the OBD port, but the TCU needs to come out and cannot be done through OBD. Give Adil a call there, he's very good to work with. If you are heading overseas, might be the time to ship your TCU to them!

4everRS
July 25th, 2015, 04:44
Sorry to hear about the customer service. I had a good experience, but that was a couple years ago. If I were you, I would feel and do the same.

ttboost
July 25th, 2015, 11:42
Yes, TCU is a solder chip only. TCU has to come out.

makaveli42
July 27th, 2015, 01:26

I love my viper tune/tcu. But I agree in a way, I've tried to contact them about a re-tune since I have a meth kit...wanna get a little more aggressive tune. Been over a year and can't get a hold of them. Lol. Was great customer service three years ago when I was looking for a tune tho!