PDA

View Full Version : FS - Used w/ new pads Cam Shaft Adjusters - OEM

lswing
July 18th, 2015, 19:33
These came of my car at 98,500 miles. The plastic guides had failed and I opted to replace the whole unit on each side for long-term preventative maintenance. These are now perfectly functioning with new guides just put on, and could certainly last another 100k miles or more. If for some reason the internals of your cam adjusters fail these would be a great replacement at substantial savings over new. Typically it's just the plastic feet/pads that fail though, and occasionally the electronics within these cam adjusters fail, but the hydraulic units themselves are very solid. Selling for $475 for the pair plus shipping. New they are ~$1,500 for the pair OEM.

Roots
November 25th, 2015, 23:53
Recently had one of these plastic guides fail myself. Would you mind if I asked where you got everything (guides, any required special tools etc.) to "relife" the unit(s).

Thx.

lswing
November 26th, 2015, 01:59
No worries. Got the best recommended closest to stock looking ones from a shop on Amazon. Sounds almost impossible to source true Audi pads. Shop did the work for me, so I don't have details, but there is an adjust/hold tool or something that you need. Once you get the units out pads snap off/on in a minute, super easy. Like my ad says, 95k miles on the units, but they seem to last 150-200k miles at least. I can sell these for cheap if you want. I'll dig up the Amazon vendor, PM me, plastic seems very good, $45.