PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with this RS6 in Seattle?

SeattleS4
July 17th, 2015, 01:37
This RS6 has been for sale at a small local dealer for over one year now:

http://www.sea-auto.com/vehicle-details/2003-audi-rs-6-quattro-sedan-ea09abd827e9fa47b4930493bb332f0d/

Has anyone looked at it or driven it? If so, what's wrong with it?

GreggPDX
July 17th, 2015, 04:38
I talked to them about it and apparently the owner of the dealership drove it for a while. They said it's had a lot of major maintenance recently, so at least on the surface, it looks OK. It would be great to get someone over there to look at it. If I make it up to Seattle any time soon, I certainly will.

Gregg

lswing
July 17th, 2015, 05:39
Dash and buttons look very worn, various little dings, but that puts it around the asking price. You'll want to see the usual stack of receipts, TB service. Higher miles gets you closer to blown trans, cam tensioners...

Other_Erik
July 17th, 2015, 11:18
108k miles and selling at $18k? Seems reasonable. Agree with Gregg and lswing, maintenance receipts are paramount. x905755 is a fairly late VIN, so I don't think you have to worry about the bad TC seal / blowing up the trans, so long as the new "transmission oil" they referenced was done as full procedure with the pan filter replaced and filled by temperature rather than bleed and pour. If you want to be safe, get a Pre-Purchase Inspection done at the closest Audi dealer with an R- Master Tech on staff. Also consider the quality of the recent service - if they did the TB (105k service), did they replace upper rollers, water pump and seal, etc...? Bring or borrow a Vag-Com and scan it when you take it for a test drive over to the stealership for PPI.

O_E

ben916
July 17th, 2015, 17:11
Good color combo but no warm weather package?!?!

"it just passed our safety inspection" -> what does that mean?

yeah, without a stack of receipts or documents or a PPI at University, the price is in question... at least for me.

NSU RS6
July 17th, 2015, 21:07
Looks like their detail shop dispenses Armorall from an overhead firehose, and has only three rags to wipe it up with.

Ick.

ben916
July 17th, 2015, 21:40
Looks like their detail shop dispenses Armorall from an overhead firehose, and has only three rags to wipe it up with.

Ick.

Thank you for concurring what I failed to mention :)

C300
July 18th, 2015, 04:12
I looked at that car. Right rear has been hit. Poor bondo job and repaint. Whole car needs a paint job. Looks like barb wire was dragged out of the trunk. Drives really heavy. Something ant' a right ! I walked away At 17k . Dirtiest car I ever saw on a car lot. Owner must of used it for a dd and I called, "be there in 10 minutes " interior is in good shape!

SeattleS4
July 19th, 2015, 03:40
I looked at that car. Right rear has been hit. Poor bondo job and repaint. Whole car needs a paint job. Looks like barb wire was dragged out of the trunk. Drives really heavy. Something ant' a right ! I walked away At 17k . Dirtiest car I ever saw on a car lot. Owner must of used it for a dd and I called, "be there in 10 minutes " interior is in good shape!

And there it is...

Good info! Sounds like it will be there for at least another year.

ben916
July 20th, 2015, 17:25
Owner must of used it for a dd and I called, "be there in 10 minutes "

This happens more than not on these tiny 20-30 car lots... BS!

Turbowned
July 20th, 2015, 19:09
So, so much Armorall. That's a greasy interior! lol

kruat
July 21st, 2015, 05:42
I considered taking a closer look at that one last year, before I found mine. Glad I didn't waste my time.