PDA

View Full Version : Heck of a missed deal!

RKturbo
July 7th, 2015, 20:55
"sighs" was busy blacking out the tailights and missed ending. Somebody got a very nice deal on a set of KW V3's.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231608433724?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

kruat
July 7th, 2015, 23:26
Damn that was a decent deal.

SteveKen
July 8th, 2015, 01:13
Similarly, someone got a nice deal on this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-Other-quattro-/201373735399?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2ee2cf59e7&item=201373735399#ht_2689wt_1028&rmvSB=true

Bigglezworth
July 8th, 2015, 01:30
I was going to bid on that one, but I simply don't need another one.... No matter how 'good' of a deal it might seem. lol In fact will be looking to list the third one I bought a year and a half ago later in the early fall as I start to gear up to importing an Avant in the next 18 months.

bmlee007
July 8th, 2015, 04:05
Similarly, someone got a nice deal on this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-Other-quattro-/201373735399?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2ee2cf59e7&item=201373735399#ht_2689wt_1028&rmvSB=true

Yeah, I was stuck on the tarmac in Orlando for 3 hours, so I was in the air when the auction ended. Missed my chance for a late bid by 7 minutes because I was on a plane with no wifi.

RSoverAll
July 8th, 2015, 06:14
I wonder how those ride as far as comfort compared to the OEM spring /Koni shock combo... that is a good deal though no doubt.

lswing
July 8th, 2015, 14:07
I wonder how those ride as far as comfort compared to the OEM spring /Koni shock combo... that is a good deal though no doubt.

I rode in the KW's once, thought the ride was poor, and I don't think they were set on full hard. Very firm, bouncy, rough, sure it's nice on a track, but after that I'm so glad I never bought them. Taste varies, but I find the Koni's plenty firm, and fairly decent performance wise with the stock springs.

G2
July 8th, 2015, 21:26
I resemble that statement, Lou.... :looking: If'n so, have since done some adjusting. Far better nowadays.

The KW3's are sensitive to the tire/wheel combo. Tend to adjust them a bit based on which wheel/tire is on the car. Switching from S04's to PSS's was a huge improvement also. Have new Vredestein Vorti's going on next. They won't be as squishy soft, but should handle better. That's what I'm hearing back on Audi's so far.

KW are Great shocks (OE to VAG), but aimed towards the more aggresive setup. Recently setup a member here with Bilstein Sports and Eibach springs. He might still be putting them on along with the brakes, swaybars and other service items. Should be a nice Koni like ride but with more dynamic self adjusting ability.

I think those KW's had the decided advantage that day on a smooth, windy, twisty Hamm Rd. Despite my worn out wheel bearings (man oh man did that make a difference!). This is a good area for aggresive suspensions.

DHall1
July 8th, 2015, 22:28
My KWV3s are money

Car is not rough nor is the damping too weak

MaxRS6
July 8th, 2015, 22:42
I have my KW's setup for the track- Lowered and veddy firm. Admittedly- it is too firm for a daily driver and transmits road conditions in a bone/teeth jarring fashion. But- OH MY- It does stick to the ground and provides great performance in the turns. After 7 years they are still in great condition and I have not had any issues with them. Quality product in my book.

Now Crazy is retired from track duty- I plan on adjusting them to a mo softer setting when the opportunity arises.

Less than .03 worth

Turbowned
July 9th, 2015, 18:13
$6,100 for an RS6? Something tells me the dealer is gonna weasel their way out of that one somehow...

lswing
July 10th, 2015, 13:55
I resemble that statement, Lou.... :looking: If'n so, have since done some adjusting. Far better nowadays.

I think those KW's had the decided advantage that day on a smooth, windy, twisty Hamm Rd. Despite my worn out wheel bearings (man oh man did that make a difference!). This is a good area for aggresive suspensions.

Ha, I think you may...those roads sucked around Glenwood too, didn't help. I think you were also on 19's at that point. I should say that overall they are probably a bit stiff for my taste, or my sore back at least, but a good ride when properly adjusted.

Yea, Hamm road in parts is paved like a damned race track, those are some fun corners to carve up, and good visibility for the road cyclists too! Too bad Chris never got video of our side by side drag race with him following, must have been a sweet sound and sight to see two RS6's roaring away in front of him.

GreggPDX
July 10th, 2015, 16:19
$6,100 for an RS6? Something tells me the dealer is gonna weasel their way out of that one somehow...

I was thinking the same. That car has been on craigslist for a while at $12K, it's hard to imagine a dealership letting it go for half that.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/ctd/5113220030.html

hahnmgh63
July 10th, 2015, 16:42
Love the KW's, got mine setup as they came except one setting higher on the rebound. Slightly stiffer than stock is all. Great ride. Only can compare it to the stock DRC and to the PSS9's and I would take the KW's all over again compared to those two and they have a great reputation for reliability.

Turbowned
July 11th, 2015, 14:48
Anything is an improvement over DRC. My friend just swapped the DRC for PSS9's in his RS4 and he's on cloud 9!