PDA

View Full Version : zf5hp24 Oil pump removal

Crash+BURN
June 16th, 2015, 00:54
I'm rebuilding the trans from my c5 rs6 without the manual and I cannot remove the oil pump for the life of me. Iv'e seen some posts regarding rebuilds for that tranny but, nothing very specific on the oil pump removal. Does anyone know of a "special tool" or a trick to help???. All bolts are removed and the only
thing holding it in is the o-ring. Iv'e tried prying gently from behind the pump while pulling on the pump shaft and it just barely moves. Anyone else been here
and done that or know where I can source/part number for the puller??

lswing
June 16th, 2015, 04:24
Best thread I've seen on the rebuild. http://forum.rs246.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=104077&start=15

TozoM8
June 16th, 2015, 05:11
Did you remove the half shaft and the seal tube from the DS?

lswing
June 16th, 2015, 13:45
Did you remove the half shaft and the seal tube from the DS?

You must have a second sense when someone posts a transmission issue:)...thanks for adding input on this site.

If you happen to have an extra G93 trans temp sensor from a VB I'll buy it off you! Just getting intermittent error, random temp number from it on occasion, performs fine otherwise.

Crash + Burn, can we get some pics and info on your rebuild and car? You upgrading VB pressure, clutch packs, reverse gear pin, other little things?

Bigglezworth
June 16th, 2015, 15:01
I'm rebuilding the trans from my c5 rs6 without the manual and I cannot remove the oil pump for the life of me. Iv'e seen some posts regarding rebuilds for that tranny but, nothing very specific on the oil pump removal. Does anyone know of a "special tool" or a trick to help???. All bolts are removed and the only
thing holding it in is the o-ring. Iv'e tried prying gently from behind the pump while pulling on the pump shaft and it just barely moves. Anyone else been here
and done that or know where I can source/part number for the puller??You need to use a large puller that lifts on the neck of the oil pump while pushing against the input shaft. It's not one of those items that can be removed with just your hands.... Ensure you have the front drive axles out and the axle tube prior to pulling.

Crash+BURN
June 17th, 2015, 21:14
Oh ya, axle tube was out. I ended up using using two vise grip pliers with the grips wrapped in cloths, came right out. after pulling out all the internals I had the same issue
as another thread someone else had. o-ring was split, bearing worn and falling apart and a clutch drum with excessive wear/scoring.

Thanks for the input.