PDA

View Full Version : Boost Gauge tap location for RS6

TMAC
June 6th, 2015, 17:16
Has anyone here installed the P3 vent or any other type of boost gauge? I added one to my RS6 and need to run the vacuum line and tap in for boost measurement with the supplied analog boost sensor. I am curious on what others have used for the tap. Thanks!

P1054
June 6th, 2015, 23:40
I tapped mine into the hose going to the fuel pressure regulator if I remember correctly. Works great, and easy to access, just need to remove the air box.

hahnmgh63
June 7th, 2015, 01:55
I have the P3 with the Analog Boost pressure sensor and tapped into the same short hose that P1054 is talking about. I mentioned in an earlier post that the Analog gauge does read a little differently from the Digital/ECU signal. Difference in the tap locations? Analog more accurate?

TMAC
June 10th, 2015, 20:43
Thanks guys, I appreciate the info. I hope to run this on the weekend. Is there anything I need to know about removing the air box on the RS6? Thanks again

hahnmgh63
June 11th, 2015, 16:12
Nothing fancy. Just make sure you unhook the MAF plugs before you start pulling on the Airbox too hard, the cable/wires are fairly short and you can only lift the Airbox slightly before you come to the end of the slack. While your there take a good look at all of your Vacuum hoses, you may want to replace a few of them while your in there. I just replaced my MAF Seals a few years back and I also lubricated the Seals with 100% Dow Corning Silicone grease (111) and it helps the MAF's slide in and out easier as well as making a better seal.

TMAC
June 13th, 2015, 03:57
Nothing fancy. Just make sure you unhook the MAF plugs before you start pulling on the Airbox too hard, the cable/wires are fairly short and you can only lift the Airbox slightly before you come to the end of the slack. While your there take a good look at all of your Vacuum hoses, you may want to replace a few of them while your in there. I just replaced my MAF Seals a few years back and I also lubricated the Seals with 100% Dow Corning Silicone grease (111) and it helps the MAF's slide in and out easier as well as making a better seal.
Thanks for the info