PDA

View Full Version : Salvage car for sale. Best offer over $7500.

Falltboat
June 3rd, 2015, 06:09
As some of you know (from the facebook group) I was recently tboned by a Toyota Highlander and consequently my lovely Beast is dead... Nobody was hurt as the RS6 did a masterful job of protecting me. The insurance company has totaled the car and placed a salvage value on the car of $7500 and I have to have an answer to them by noon on Thursday (06/04/15) if I want to keep it or let them take it. The car has new tires as of 5k miles ago (Conti Extreme Contact DWS) on Drag 18" wheels (I know they are garbage) and also has a set of stock rims with Blizzacks on them that don't have much, if any life left. Timing belt and full 75k service was done 5k miles ago as well. Interior is clean with some wear in the expected places, radio buttons, head light switch, door handles. There are also two marks on the seats, one on the passenger seat bottom looks maybe like heat damage? not sure how it happened, and also looks like the last owner left a piece of paper on the back seat that got wet and there is a slight mark there. Other than that the interior is in great shape and it comes with the new RS6 badged floor mats that were the group order not long ago. The TC was replaced 2 days after I bought the car at 106k miles and I tried to attach a pdf of the receipts but cant figure it out so if you are interested I'll email them. Mechanically the car ran awesome until I was hit, it still drives (I took it to the auto body shop for a quote on Monday) but obviously have not tested at WOT or high speeds. I did not feel anything or hear anything out of the ordinary while driving it to the repair shop. Indy Audi shop I have my work done at said the DRC recall had been done on the car. The car was under a full coverage extended warranty until about 900 miles ago so anything that could possibly be done under that was. Exterior is in good condition other than the passenger side (got hit), the driver side front fender which has a chip in the paint where it meets the bumper (dime sized) and it slightly bent, driver door near the rear view mirror has the clear coat pealing in the area of about a quarter, and there are two scratches on the back bumper from my garage when I didn't pull in far enough. The brakes were done when I got the car (I put new pads on the front not too long ago) so rotors probably don't have a lot of life left. Car has CF trim in interior and SE exhaust packages. Only other things I can think of is that the hood release latch guide is broken on one side so sometimes it is a pain to open the hood, can be fixed with a little superglue, and I cannot open the glove box as the door is holding it closed so if you could return anything I left in there I would appreciate it. :hihi: I am sad that is is the end of the car but sometimes these things happen.:cry::cry::cry: Let me know if you have any questions or would like more information/pictures. Car is located in Denver, CO. and best first offer gets the car.

DHall1
June 3rd, 2015, 07:21
Good luck. Can you post the last 6 of the vin?

Fwiw I have the parts to fix this car if the new buyer intends on fixing. Im also working on the wrecked car from WA as I have the parts to fix that one as well.

Falltboat
June 3rd, 2015, 07:34
^forgot that one... Vin ends in 905169

lswing
June 3rd, 2015, 18:54
You only look at the drivers side right?

Bummer, but thanks for posting up here. Maybe someone can grab this, details look very good...

spoolinrs6
June 5th, 2015, 14:35
is the car still available?

Falltboat
June 5th, 2015, 15:39
The car has been sold to the insurance company. It well be at copar auctions in Denver in the next 3-4 weeks. If anyone is interested I have the auction info and I'll probably go just to see what it sells for.

snakebitte
June 12th, 2015, 03:25
Did you keep the extra set of stock wheels? I'm looking for another set.

Falltboat
June 12th, 2015, 04:05
Yes I have them and am looking to sell. Pm me and we can discuss.

BuffaloRS6
June 13th, 2015, 13:44
That sucks man. Glad there were no injuries. If perhaps you're looking to get into another RS6, mine is available. Shameless plug, I know, but my beast needs a new home.

http://forums.quattroworld.com/classifieds-vehicles/msgs/26493.phtml (http://forums.quattroworld.com/classifieds-vehicles/msgs/26493.phtml)