PDA

View Full Version : WTB: sway bar mounting bracket studs and nuts

Turbowned
May 27th, 2015, 00:18
Hey guys,

I accidentally broke a couple studs when removing my sway bar to change the oil; shame on me for not lubricating them or heating them first! The dealer didn't seem to be able to get just the hardware without the subframe being attached to it; I just need two studs and nuts; the studs can be pushed out of the subframe with a mallet fairly easily. If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated!!

-Corey

Turbowned
June 4th, 2015, 19:02
Anyone? Bueller? Do I need to provide a better description?

Turbowned
June 18th, 2015, 16:52
Still need these; anyone parting out a car?

ben916
June 18th, 2015, 17:14
hmmmm....

I have the OEM front and rear sways AND all the mounting brackets and bolts....

Turbowned
June 22nd, 2015, 16:25
Still looking for these.

Turbowned
June 26th, 2015, 19:03
My indy tech is going to replace the studs with bolts. I dunno why I never thought of this myself; brilliant!

Bigglezworth
June 29th, 2015, 14:58
My indy tech is going to replace the studs with bolts. I dunno why I never thought of this myself; brilliant!The reason they are pressed in is because just like a wheel stud, access to the back is impossible and you can only fasten from one side. The only way one would be able to guarantee the stud doesn't turn within the hole in the engine cradle is to use a stud that has an Allenhead fitting at the end that permits the use of an Allenhead wrench to keep the stud from turning while you tighten up the nut (just like is done with dampers on struts).

lswing
August 5th, 2015, 13:23
You get this done? I found a box that has my old mounting hardware, might part with it.

Turbowned
August 8th, 2015, 17:12
Yep, it's all set. Thanks!