PDA

View Full Version : front shocks noise

sturs6
January 31st, 2004, 00:50
Has anyone on here had any problems with a noise coming from their front shocks when going in reverse or slowly up a slight incline?
I have and heared this noise for a while now and the techs thought that they found the problem but it continued. THis time they put it up on the rack and were able to replicate the noise and they determined it was the shocks.
Now I am waiting on shock oil from Germany they have the shocks here but no oil. :confused:
Oh well hopefully it wil fix the noise and some other noise I hear at speeds.
-Stuart

JAXRS6
February 1st, 2004, 01:12
Originally posted by sturs6
Has anyone on here had any problems with a noise coming from their front shocks when going in reverse or slowly up a slight incline?

Yes, I've heard a squeaking noise from front suspension when making transition from flat street to driveway incline. Also over some speed bumps. Haven't done anything about it yet -- been dealing with more serious issues & the noise didn't occur that often. But now that you bring it up I'll probably mention to dealer on next visit.

BTW I think others described this issue in an earlier thread. Maybe you should try the search function if you want to find out more.

jgun81
February 1st, 2004, 03:01
I don't hear anything from front, but I hear noise from rear suspension when going over some speed bumps. Going to dealer next thursday...hope it can be fixed

Bauer
February 2nd, 2004, 17:21
Your tech found it to be the shocks. I have the noise but it really has not bothered me too much....but good to know it is the shocks...next service I will mention it and have them fix it. Let us know your outcome if you would:D :D

:cheers:

sturs6
February 2nd, 2004, 17:44
Bauer I was going to post something to you letting you know but thought I would wait a while to see if you found this thread.
Your problem described in another thread is the exact same as mine.

Take Care,
-Stuart

audirs6sport
February 3rd, 2004, 11:14
i had the very same problem in my 03 a6 2.7tit was F$*&ING annoying, especially it was embarrasing when i was driving out of school parking lot from night class, when people were walking on the side and i drove over bumps, making nasty squeaking noise, makes people think the car's some pos junk =(

fortunately no problem after swapping with rs6. however, i went to three different dealers and none of the techs could fix that problem i had with the a6. never able to duplicate the problem at the dealer. however, when i go back home, same problem repeats =( i even filmed how my car squeaks whenever i go over bumps, but that didn't help either.:addict:

Aronis
February 3rd, 2004, 13:00
I once took a car in for a strange noise problem.

The Tech who test drove the car with me had a hearing problem! That was useful! LOL.

Mike

sturs6
February 3rd, 2004, 14:44
Mike were do you live? My salesman told me he used to work at another dealer that had a partially deaf guy that they would get to check the cars out with the customer and he would adjust his hearing aid and be able to hear and find the problem.

Aronis
February 3rd, 2004, 14:57
It was a Honda Dealer in Everett Massachusetts about 12 years ago!

LOL

Super Hearing Aid! LOL, I use my stethoscope to help find noise! LOL...

Mike

Bauer
February 3rd, 2004, 16:22
Maybe my problem has not bothered me recently because..I have not heard it lately. I don't know if it is because the shocks are "broken in" a little now or what...but I have not heard it in about a month or two.

I did notice however, what appeared to be a slight fluid discharge on the strut towers during a tire rotation a Thunderhill. Both front shocks seemed to have leaked a very small amount of fluid. The ride seems no different thought and the shocks are not blown as fluid would be all over the place. I plan to keep an eye on them and have it checked at the next service.:cheers: