PDA

View Full Version : How To Swap Leather Inset on Door panel?? Help Please

Aronis
May 10th, 2015, 14:21
Hello All,

I found a black driver's side door panel at the salvage. They had 4 A6's with the correct door panel, but only one was black trim. The other three were Brown (two Avis silver, one Green, one Red). I took two so I have a backup.

I am trying to remove the leather inset part to swap my Silver inset for the black leather panel.

How do you remove this? Is it glued in all around or at just a few points.

I found a couple of examples online, but not the correct door panel (other models, Vw, etc)

Thanks,

Mike

Cmnair
May 10th, 2015, 19:18
Here is a write up from a B5 A4 but sounds rather complicated with likelihood of it not coming out right...

http://www.audiforums.com/forum/diy-do-yourself-55/diy-audi-a4-b5-interior-door-panel-suede-inserts-191751/

i would probably just swap door cards?

Aronis
May 10th, 2015, 22:10
I saw that write up. The A6 is very different. Someone on RS6 had it done several years ago but I could not find that thread.

I looked at my donor door card and started disassembly. I have a second donor that's the wrong color so I can experiment with that one. It appears to be glued rather than melted like the A4 and a Jetta write up I found.

I'll post photos as I progress.

If anyone have an RS6 door card with silver leather and black trim for the drivers door I would like to buy it.

Mike

Dmb408
May 11th, 2015, 16:39
Someone bought that set of all 4 door cards from the Ebay part out recently...and I suspect it was on here. I need driver's rear.