PDA

View Full Version : 2003 c5 audi rs6 for those who want the most out of their turbos...

RS6Beast
May 6th, 2015, 19:55
Hello, my name is Jonathan and I am the original owner of Audi Performance Tuning. I started building FMIC kits for the S4 and sold many abroad to many happy customers. Now, I have completed the build for the C5 RS6 and am happy to offer it to anyone who is interested on a per order basis. I own an RS6 myself which is the one shown here. When I first purchased my RS6, it ran amazing but I quickly noticed that especially in the summers, my turbos were not as efficient as they should be, so I began to build and design the RS6 FMIC kit. It was a long and painful journey and the toughest build to date, but I was able to complete it and fit it the most efficient way possible. Immediately after installing it, I ran my car and instantly noticed a difference with no turbo lag. I was able to run my RS6 much harder and much longer than before. I live in the Southwest and summers can be brutal here, with temps up to 115 degrees, so going front mount intercooler was the best option for me as apposed to just upgrading my sidemount intercoolers. To date, I have done a Eurocharged ECU Tune, MTM TCU Tune, Milltek Catback Exhaust, Gutted Pre-cats, Bilstein Suspension and Control Arms, Forge Bypass Valves, K&N Filters, and a Front Mount Intercooler. Needless to say my car looks and feels amazing. I am a small business owner so building these kits is a hobby for me. I am happy to join the RS6 community and share in your passion for this car. My objective, like all of yours is to find ways to improve its performance and get the most out of it and enjoy it for all its worth. With your purchase, you will receive the complete bolt-on kit with complete installation instructions, and yes, you will have to modify your front bumper. I myself am very pleased with both the appearance and performance of my build and get lots of attention. If anyone else is interested, PM me and we can talk. :thumb: 163571635816359:addict:

ben916
May 6th, 2015, 21:51
Mods,

Please move to For Sale Thread -> here (http://www.rs6.com/forumdisplay.php/27-For-Sale-Want-to-buy)

RS6Beast
May 6th, 2015, 23:48
To date, I have done a Eurocharged ECU Tune, MTM TCU Tune, Milltek Catback Exhaust, Gutted Pre-cats, Bilstein Suspension and Control Arms, Forge Bypass Valves, K&N Filters, and a Front Mount Intercooler.

spoolinrs6
May 7th, 2015, 14:16
I also have FMIC on my rs6 and i thought i was the only one in the states with it. what does the fmic really help? my friends tell me it looks kindve riced out with fmics

spoolinrs6
May 7th, 2015, 14:17
I also have FMIC on my rs6 and i thought i was the only one in the states with it. what does the fmic really help? my friends tell me it looks kindve riced out with fmics look at my profile pic

lswing
May 7th, 2015, 15:39
Each to their own, but, I think you've destroyed the front of a classic car, not my cup of tea.

Side mount intercoolers, especially upgraded SMIC from say Wagner or Apikol or Bell, have proven to be very effective. I would think you would actually get more turbo lag from a FMIC due to the extra piping, and possibly over sized with too much air volume. The turbos are so small anyhow the lag is fairly negligible. And most worrisome for me would be that it's blocking both the trans and oil cooler in front of the radiator. The fmic will also be much more prone to heatsoak in this location, as opposed to air flowing where it was designed to, along the sides.

It would have been great if you had done baseline tests on the same dyno to see any gains or lack of gains. Please at least replace the headlight washer covers, please!

RS6Beast
May 7th, 2015, 17:19
Iswing, you are correct, to each his own and I am definitely not one to follow trends. I actually like to show off my 12 year old car that everyone thinks it's a lot newer than it is and is a one of a kind because of all the work I've done. I get compliments everywhere I go. Upgraded SMIC's are great if you do not live in an area where its hot 90% of the time year round. At first, when I installed the FMIC without the front bumper, I ran it like that for about a week to test it and yes, there was some heat soak because the sunlight was hitting the core directly. After I covered it with the front bumper, there was zero heat soak as it is now in the shade. There is no turbo lag at all now that I have tuned it. And I designed the pipes as short route as possible for that reason. If you notice, my pipes are not sticking out of anywhere, they're all tucked in behind the bumper. Also for aesthetic reasons. And, actually by installing a front mount intercooler, it freed up two spaces where I was able to relocate both the transmission and oil cooler for even better air flow. And FYI, its a myth that by installing an FMIC on ANY car, it DOES NOT block airflow to radiator at all because IC cores do not block airflow, the air still flows through the core and actually comes out cooler on the other end. I have been running my FMIC for over a year now and to date, the temperatures of all my coolers including radiator have improved. And the stock turbos are small but the more efficient they are, the better they will perform and the longer they will last. And when I'm ready to upgrade my turbos, I don't have to worry about that. If there was a local dyno shop here with all wheel drive, I would have tested it, unfortunately there isn't. But I'm not too concerned about the numbers, I can feel the difference myself. I don't need a dyno to tell me that. Again this is not for everyone, I am aware of that. I'm not really looking here to sell, just want to join in on the conversations and give people the knowledge/feedback and results that I have experienced myself. I love my RS6 and plan to keep it for many years to come.

RS6Beast
May 7th, 2015, 17:28
Spoolin, I actually saw this car on youtube a while back, I think if it had been done a little different with more attention to the the overall effectiveness and appearance, it would have looked much better. That is the reason I took so long to design my FMIC kit, because I wanted it to look as professional as possible and perform as well as possible.

spoolinrs6
May 11th, 2015, 14:11
so before you have done it to yours, you have seen that video of the 2 idiots driving it. after ive gotten it i took well care of it. the fmic in the summer pops cause of boost and heat the silicone hose pops and car dies. what do you think i can do to stop that? do you also believe it has 650hp in your experience?

spoolinrs6
May 11th, 2015, 14:12
i like it because there is nothing like it the fmic

RS6Beast
May 11th, 2015, 19:40
In order to prevent your pipes from blowing off, use T-bolt clamps on all connections, mine have never blown off. They'rea little more expensive, but oit will save you the headache of removing the front bumper to fix. I don't think they're pushing 650hp, I'd say between 550-575. I love it myself, it's unique and it works very well.

spoolinrs6
May 12th, 2015, 13:59
do you know a good website or place that sells them? i cant drive the car hard in the summer cause they blow off. like no more than 60mph. do you think i should buy the lower front grills to cover them or just leave it like that? they are sticking out a good 5-6 inches

RS6Beast
May 12th, 2015, 18:01
You can get T-bolt clamps on eBay on the cheap, like 16 for $25. They're just as good as any other to bolt clamps, it's not a high end item, save yourself some money. As far as the lower front grills, I don't think they'll fit because your pipes are sticking out too far. You'd have to reduce the pipes first, but since your replacing clamps and taking off the front bumper, it might be a good time to do it all at once.

Dave McB
May 13th, 2015, 12:10
I like the idea of a FMIC as opposed to the 2 side mounted ones - however, do you need to chop the bumper to fit? I prefer the standard look tbh

spoolinrs6
May 14th, 2015, 14:17
my bumper is cut from the inside for the pipes to fit

RS6Beast
May 16th, 2015, 05:44
You have to modify the bumper, it's the only way to make a biturbo front mount intercooler fit properly. Way the pros and cons and decide what's most important to you. That's what I did and decided going front mount was the best choice for me as I'm thinking long term hybrid turbo upgrades in the near future. If you don't plan on going beyond stage 1 ecu flash, your probably OK with smic's, at least in cold weather. My RS6 even at stock would heat soak pretty quick in the summer with the stock smic's. With an FMIC, I never have to worry about that with any upgrades at any level in any temperature. That to me out ways everything. And personally, I like the look done right. Everyone thinks my RS6 is a lot newer than it is.

A4V8swap
May 16th, 2015, 23:51
If it's anything like an S4, you save weight (marginal) and will have lower ambient air temps with good SMICs with shrouds. Here's logs from an S4. Red is ER, blue is JHM FMIC, pink is AWE sidemounts. I'd love to log my car in Hawaiian island heat with Wagners with shrouds vs your setup. Do you have any logs showing ambient air temps with your setup?

G2
May 18th, 2015, 06:26
This FMIC kit is stand alone forgoing the stock SMIC's? Or is it in series, as an add-on for add'l heat rejection capacity?

Any experience with H2O/Meth injection with your kit?

The look does take some digesting. It answers that question of what it could/would look like. Obviously a lot of work...

FWIW- I've logged IAT's on the same 32mile round trip on one stock IC and one upgraded IC car. The larger IC car ran a bit hotter under normal freeway driving. That was before I resealed the ducting, and put on my patented dumbo-ear sized IC exhaust port "mudflaps". That made a 10-20F reduction in end-tank IC temps on the stock IC car. I assume similar improvements on the other.

Glad to see people trying new things. There's still solutions to be had on this car.

spoolinrs6
May 18th, 2015, 14:01
You have to modify the bumper, it's the only way to make a biturbo front mount intercooler fit properly. Way the pros and cons and decide what's most important to you. That's what I did and decided going front mount was the best choice for me as I'm thinking long term hybrid turbo upgrades in the near future. If you don't plan on going beyond stage 1 ecu flash, your probably OK with smic's, at least in cold weather. My RS6 even at stock would heat soak pretty quick in the summer with the stock smic's. With an FMIC, I never have to worry about that with any upgrades at any level in any temperature. That to me out ways everything. And personally, I like the look done right. Everyone thinks my RS6 is a lot newer than it is.

Mine is a stage 1 i believe. I think I will also upgrade my turbos to hyrbids in the future. As of right now im so busy with school and stuff. The owner before me said he had KKK turbos. In the inside of my car i have c5 rs6 imported euro seats i believe.