PDA

View Full Version : SAI delete code out?

RKturbo
May 6th, 2015, 00:53
Hey guys, Marc (10sec) is doing an ECU remap which should really wake the ride up. Problem is he is not sure how to code out the SAI I recently removed from car (valves still in but pump and lines out). Anybody know if this can be done with a VAG-Con? Obviously the dealer is not going to hop on that and not sure the guys at Eurocharged would either. Any thoughts?

Bigglezworth
May 6th, 2015, 01:27
Hey guys, Marc (10sec) is doing an ECU remap which should really wake the ride up. Problem is he is not sure how to code out the SAI I recently removed from car (valves still in but pump and lines out). Anybody know if this can be done with a VAG-Con? Obviously the dealer is not going to hop on that and not sure the guys at Eurocharged would either. Any thoughts?I've run Marc's tune for 5 years and have had the SAI system removed for 3.5 years. NO code. You merely need to "loop" the vacuum line that runs out to the two combi valves and zip tie the power line to the firewall. Voila.

RKturbo
May 6th, 2015, 01:59
Interesting. Should have known you would.... know. Thanks again! :)

kilian tuning
May 6th, 2015, 07:14
Whats the benefit of removing sai?

MattYorke
May 6th, 2015, 09:45
It's dead easy to code out - the s4wiki tells you the 2 changes you need to make. This doesn't remove readiness check - so you still need the relay & the valve to be electrically connected. (working on that, though....)

lswing
May 6th, 2015, 13:58
Whats the benefit of removing sai?

It's only there for emissions testing. The pump is expensive if it breaks. You can also have less clutter to add to heat soak.

RKturbo
May 6th, 2015, 15:33
It was mostly the clutter I was trying to get rid of. That annnnnd one less expensive thing I would have to worry about replacing down the road.

PCMacDr
May 10th, 2015, 22:34
Hey guys, Marc (10sec) is doing an ECU remap which should really wake the ride up. Problem is he is not sure how to code out the SAI I recently removed from car (valves still in but pump and lines out). Anybody know if this can be done with a VAG-Con? Obviously the dealer is not going to hop on that and not sure the guys at Eurocharged would either. Any thoughts?

So, what's your thought and conclusion on your 10Sec tune?

Mine is also getting done and I can't wait ( like a big kid waiting ) :incar:

RKturbo
May 11th, 2015, 03:57
Well mine is still down a couple more weeks while waiting on other things (shocks, Wheels ect) and getting them installed. Biggie knows Marcs tune well and I have read a lot of post and seen the time slips so I'm sure..... Its's gonna fly. :) Only concern I have is.... How long the tq/tranny hold up.

So, what's your thought and conclusion on your 10Sec tune?

Mine is also getting done and I can't wait ( like a big kid waiting ) :incar: