PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Strut from KW -

Cmnair
April 30th, 2015, 16:24
Not sure if anyone has ordered replacement parts from KW...it has been a frustrating experience for me. They told it will take roughly 3 to 4 weeks and now it is going on 5 weeks and no sign or status update from them. My car is basically parked now because I don't want to drive around on a busted strut.

Since I am not the original owner I paid for the replacement strut 5 weeks ago...I am not sure if they rebuild existing struts and send it or if they are building a new one, it wasn't clear.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on "actual" lead time in case anyone is looking for a replacement part from KW.

nene
April 30th, 2015, 20:39
Back when I owned a 2000 S4 I had similar issues with H&R. It just makes you wonder why the products are so expensive in the first place, when maintenance support can be a hit/miss.
Good luck and hopefully things get squared away soon.

Bigglezworth
April 30th, 2015, 21:28
This is what you experience on make to order product.... Unless it's a full set fabricated and distributed to one of their dealers, you will be subject to the timeframes associated with fabricating from new.