PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Traction Control Light.

Aronis
April 29th, 2015, 13:24
Hello all,

I had a new pair of CV boots installed, new seal on oil pain, and an inspection of my cam lifters (they were indeed brand new at 127,000, tech did not charge them out, but he is certain they are new LOL,saved $600 bucks in parts:).

So now the traction control light came on while pulling out of a stop light at moderate acceleration and the engine cut power.

I hope it's just a sensor of some kind??

Any thoughts?

Mike

kruat
April 29th, 2015, 15:52
Get a scan, could be an ABS wheel speed sensor.

Other_Erik
April 29th, 2015, 16:05
Get a scan, could be an ABS wheel speed sensor.

Seconded. If you don't have a VAG-COM, you should have one, especially with your stable (RS6, A4, A8L, Q7). Find someone local with 20 minutes to spare to scan for you, post up code output, and we'll weigh in.

But seriously, $350 gets you a HEX+CAN-USB with unlimited VIN scans, with the RS a single repair at home will pay for itself.
www.ross-tech.com

O_E

Aronis
April 29th, 2015, 16:18
I've had Vag Com since the first version LOL...it's great. I got it the first time my 2000 A6 tripped a CEL and had to drive 2 hours to find out it was the god dam loose/dirty gas cap thing> LOL...VagCom is worth it's weight in Silver, not quite Gold, but close.

I was planning on zipping home to grab my cable between breast center and the main OR but I got moved up. LOL..I figure its the speed sensor also. The drive axle was out for the CV boot so I am guessing it's the Driver's Side Speed Sensor. Now I just have to figure out where it is so I can check the connector LOL.

Thanks for the input.

Mike

Aronis
April 29th, 2015, 16:19
while I am whining....when I race the engine in park/neutral, the rev's don't drop back down as quickly as they used to. This car is Drive by Wire? so what think yea...

Mike