PDA

View Full Version : Line running from big blue bulb?

RKturbo
April 29th, 2015, 05:18
So while in the process of gutting the pre cats and happen to notice my not so fine job of placing jack had stands crushed the outside metal line running to the back under the drivers side of the car. Everything so far had been running pretty smoothly till that snafu but I'm sure I will botch something else up along the way. Anyways, the line runs up to the blue bulb looking thing in the wheel well and then off to the manifold. So I have been looking trying to figure out what I damaged and am having no luck. I knew probably about everybody here besides me knows what it is sooooooo how bad is it? Thought it was maybe fuel return or something?

P1054
April 29th, 2015, 06:27
I believe the "blue bulb" is a vacuum accumulator/reservoir. Can someone else confirm? If I'm right, then it shouldn't be too big a deal to fix. Very little pressure (negative) in that line, and no fluids just air.

SteveKen
April 29th, 2015, 14:05
That vac line is part of the EVAP system and goes to the LDP (leak detection pump). It probably will not hurt, so long as it's not punctured, causing a vacuum leak.

4everRS
April 29th, 2015, 16:09
It might throw an evap code