PDA

View Full Version : For sale advice

FJC711
April 29th, 2015, 03:19
Misano red, 62000mi, Good condition overall, interior has peeling on the door switches, paint has a few scratches that are touched up. My plan was to rework the interior and possibly respray toget the paintwork perfect. But.... Baby on the way. Point is, the cosmetics aren't perfext, but I'm a hard judge too I've been told.

besides cosmetics the trac,abs lights both on and im thinking it's the lat or long sensor, but haven't messed with it much yet. Otherwise all is well with the car.

warm weather package with solar sunroof, sound enhanced exhaust, nav, black interior

getting ready for new tires and front breaks are a thought in the next year or so depending on how many miles.

id like 21 with new rubber installed. Does that sound out of line?

lswing
April 29th, 2015, 04:17
Honestly, if it's not cosmetically sound, and with some pending codes that could cost a few thousand, I would put it closer to $17-18k. Here are some thoughts on valid information that I would like to see.

Maintentance history; especially the tc and trans. Is your VIN past 5500?; indicating a solid tc and trans.

Tuned ecu or tcu, updated parts, aftermarket parts, new parts such as control arms.

Your Timing Belt service is coming up, that's around $2k which also dings your price.

High quality photos.

A scan with the exact codes and an estimate from a shop for the fix.

Best of luck with everything, just a few thoughts on what could help move the car! Not sure it's worth putting new rubber on, some buyers might just as soon have you knock $500 off so they can choose their own weapon.

kruat
April 29th, 2015, 04:50
Rare color, I'd love to have found a misano red when I was looking. But rare colors won't really net you more money. Have a VAGCOM scan?

Based on your description, I'd say lswing is right on the money, 17-19k.

FJC711
April 29th, 2015, 13:38
Thanks guys, I dont disagree with anything you either have said. In my dilluted satisfied mind with the car its worth 21, but the reality of the market is always less isnt it? I think Im going to try and do a little of the interior stuff, and make the details as nice as possible. Maybe hold off on the tires, as I kind of agree, Id be one to want to pick them myself as well.

The real issue with this car for me is maintanence just takes time that is at a premium these days. Its a cool ride, but, its a diva that requires ample attention at times.

Aronis
April 29th, 2015, 14:17
What ever happened to As Is? If the car needs new tires then the buyer can get what every type he/she wants. I have seen tires for $700 for a set of four or good ones for $1200. Just print the Tire Rack Price list and tape it to the window.

Brakes are a big issue. You can get non-cross drilled rotors for about 1/2 the price of the EOM cross drill rotors and many buyers would not notice.

With the RS6 most buyers are going to know the car somewhat and know what too look for. I'd just try to sell as is and let the buyer do the fix ups.

Mike

Turbowned
April 29th, 2015, 16:42
The interior stuff's cheap to fix so I'd do that, exterior... you're probably better off leaving it alone. If you're a hard judge (like I am) the prospective buyers may be quick to overlook small imperfections if the rest of the car impresses. Dents are noticeable and easily fixable, scratches harder to detect if they're touched up properly. When I bought my car, I never noticed either 1. the scratch above the fuel filler door that was touched up or 2. that the left rear wheel arch had some paint work done on it, as there was no road rash on it like on the right side, and I consider myself a fairly "white-gloved" vehicle inspector, so to speak...