PDA

View Full Version : Autoweek is looking for input from owners of RS6's

Alan
January 30th, 2004, 00:50
page 25 of the 2/2/04 issue at the bottom "Autofile Needs You" gives the directions. Here's what I e-mailed them:

I leased my RS6 in September 2003. The price of the car was $84,500, which includes enhanced exhaust system, XM, Nav, and the cold package. I have put approximately 10,000 miles on the car in 5 months. It has performed flawlessly, requiring only its 5K mile oil changes, which are covered under the warranty.

I cannot imagine a better daily driver. Solid, secure and fast! How can an enthusiast not love a car that has 450 hp, does the 1/4 mile in under 13 sec, carries 4-5 people in comfort while having the flat handling, steering feel and braking capability to rival the better sports cars.
As a long time Porsche owner, the highest compliment I can pay the RS6 is that it is the first car that gives me a similar level of driving satisfaction as my Porsches.

This is not to say that this front-heavy, 4100 lb car is as nimble as a Porsche - it certainly would not be my first choice to chase Elises around twisty roads. But I wanted a car that would be as much fun to drive in the winter as the summer, and the RS6 is that car. I can think of no other sedan that gives this level of performance, and yet provides a tremendous sense of security on snowy or wet roads.

My only concerns about the RS6 are more directed at Audi. With such a limited number of RS6's, are they really stocking a full set of parts in the US or will there be long waits for parts from Germany? What will the resale value be on this expensive car? Also, I really can't fathom why Audi would bring a car of this capability and excellence to the US for one year. I would buy another in a heartbeat, if I could. Audi - please bring us RS4's and RS6's asap.

Other cars I considered:
E55 AMG - faster than the RS6, but not nearly the level of handling, steering or braking feel. Also try putting down the power in wet or snowy curves.
M5 - not as fast as the RS6 and again, not a great winter car

Bauer
January 30th, 2004, 01:01
Hey guys I think as many of us should respond as possible...a little extra good press to assist in resale maybe:cheers:

rockridge
January 30th, 2004, 06:11
Could you please post the link and/or email address for the survey. Thanks!

JAXRS6
January 30th, 2004, 07:26
Autoweek's email address for the AutoFile feature is autofile@crain.com or use the Buyers Guide link online at http://autoweek.com They specifically want to know "when you bought it, what you paid, your opinions and other vehicles you considered." Faxing is another option, to (313) 446-1027.

I'm hoping my response will be positive, but I may have a "parts availability" complaint if Len Hunt (VP of AoA) doesn't have an encouraging reply to a letter I plan to mail him on Friday. I'm giving him a couple of weeks to respond before I reply to Autoweek, who I called about this; they said a couple of cars will be reported on ahead of the RS6 and I should be OK if I reply by late February. The AutoFile feature appears every other week.

BTW I wondered why Len Hunt's AoA title was VP, since he's the only "CEO" I've heard of at AoA. Turns out the President of AoA is in Germany! When I heard that (from my AoA owner advocate), I thought, geez, maybe that's part of the parts availability problem right there. If the head honcho of AoA isn't even in the US, he may be less likely to care -- or even know -- what US owners are thinking.

Bauer
January 30th, 2004, 16:20
Turns out the President of AoA is in Germany! When I heard that (from my AoA owner advocate), I thought, geez, maybe that's part of the parts availability problem right there. If the head honcho of AoA isn't even in the US, he may be less likely to care -- or even know -- what US owners are thinking.

Good point....maybe we should be writing letters to THAT guy with our concerns....my experience is you always want to deal with the boss and it is apparent that he has his thumb on the pluse of the U.S. consumer from behind a desk in a building in Ingolstadt:rolleyes: ......