PDA

View Full Version : e85?

peiserg
April 26th, 2015, 06:50
Anyone here so it on c5 rs6? I've picked up 100rwhp with that change alone in my supwrcharged car....

lswing
April 26th, 2015, 07:04
There were one or two guys running it...good power for sure.

PCMacDr
April 29th, 2015, 23:50
So in theory, can we add, lets say 3-5 gallons on a full tank ( 91 octane, Ca crap ), without any issues and still obtain some benefits ( cooling and some added power ) ?

DHall1
April 30th, 2015, 00:34
Buy acesiv and call it good enough

[.QUOTE=PCMacDr;274147]So in theory, can we add, lets say 3-5 gallons on a full tank ( 91 octane, Ca crap ), without any issues and still obtain some benefits ( cooling and some added power ) ?[/QUOTE]

PCMacDr
April 30th, 2015, 00:47
ACEIV already ordered and waiting impatiently

Just curious about E85, since there is a station close by

peiserg
April 30th, 2015, 01:10
DO NOT PUT e85 IN WITHOUT A TUNE.

You will fuck your engine up.

E85 is NOT GASOLINE.

I've converted my honda s2000 turbo (+60rwhp), turbo nsx (+100 rwhp) and Ford gt, supercharged (+80rwhp) over... I have maybe 20,000 miles cumulatively, with zero issues. But you have to have a tune. Basically to convert our cars, I would imagine it's pretty straighforward...

Bigger injecters.... perhaps a fuel pump. and a tune. Pretty straighforward. Only issue is if you want it to be Flexfuel, where you can run any combination of 91 and e85. thats how my nsx and honda 2000 are. the fgt needs to have a completely drained tank before using the other fuel, and then i swap the tune using my flash loader.

Just wanted to know if anyone has walked the walk before. I'm POSITIVE in our larger engine, turbo cars, we can pretty easily see 70 to 100 rwhp, and pay $1.99 A GALLON for the privelege!

really, i need to find a good audi tuner in phoenix. anyone?

DHall1
April 30th, 2015, 01:11
Lots of changes needed to run e85. I would never consider it but thats me.

Garage queen race car? Maybe

Lol as Gerry posts above. Those are garage queen race cars and yep the changes he listed are correct.

peiserg
April 30th, 2015, 01:15
Dave,

None of those cars are garage queens. The S2000 is beat to shit every chance i get on the track.. The NSX and FGT are daily driven.

PCMacDr
April 30th, 2015, 01:26
I do have a tune, Revo Stage 1, but that might change over to the 10sec tune by Marc

I did run 30-40% of E85 on my 2008 535i with JB4 ( traded it for this RS6 BEAST ) and it did make a BIG difference ( stock injectors, stock fuel pump ), but not all the time, every third tank, if that

That is why I asked if we can just add a 3-4 gallons with a tune, without replacing injectors and fuel pump.

Just wanted to see if would help and if not, then ACEIV or 100 octane will be the Drink of Choice when tracking?

Of course Meth Kit would help, but seems to complicated

Thx for all your inputs, very informative

Corbett
April 30th, 2015, 04:29
Lots of changes needed to run e85. I would never consider it but thats me.

Lots of misinformation about e85 out there. All you need on an RS6 is a set of injectors and upgraded fuel pumps. Then you need a tune for it obviously. Make sure you tuner knows how to properly tune e85 though.

Adding ACES, etc, is nothing compared to an e85 RS6.

DHall1
April 30th, 2015, 05:44
I consider injectors, fuel pump and finding a RS6 tuner willing to tackle E85..."lots of changes"

Never said aces was better than e85

I did make the mistake of calling Gerry's rides garage queens. :-)

Lots of misinformation about e85 out there. All you need on an RS6 is a set of injectors and upgraded fuel pumps. Then you need a tune for it obviously. Make sure you tuner knows how to properly tune e85 though.

Adding ACES, etc, is nothing compared to an e85 RS6.

peiserg
May 1st, 2015, 01:07
Corbett, can you tell me the injectors and fuel pump that you used? Do I need to upgrade fuel rails?