PDA

View Full Version : A couple of small cosmetic changes...headlight switch assembly & interior lighting...

ScottW
April 23rd, 2015, 19:38
New headlight switch to replace the old, worn one ($30.99 from AliExpress), and full interior lighting LED kit ($36.99 from AliExpress)

I know...boring, and the interior LED's are not going to be to everyone's liking...but here are before and after pics...

Dmb408
April 23rd, 2015, 21:41
I dont care if anything is not to my liking or not anymore, good job! I am doing the same thing right now as my post from today points out.

RSoverAll
April 24th, 2015, 05:47
Looks clean. I was so skeptical of buying from AliExpress, may have to give them a try...

Cmnair
April 24th, 2015, 11:32
Is that an OEM part from AllExpress?

ScottW
April 24th, 2015, 19:52
RSoverAll, I've bought many things from AliExpress...they've always arrived. Some perfect to description, some not so much...but at the end of the day, if you're expecting $2000 Louboutin shoes to be the same as the $80 Chinese equivalent, you've got bigger problems. I always choose free shipping by China Post, and the items always take 1 month to arrive in Canada.

Cmnair: Here's the link to the switch: http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6564232532.html?orderId=66409108112418

Turbowned
April 26th, 2015, 17:04
Nice, I need to do this!

giles.dec
April 27th, 2015, 15:03
Did the interior LED kit come with the floor lights?

SteveKen
April 27th, 2015, 15:08
Nice.

Looks good. Now we need to find a source for the climate control buttons.

BTW, I can't remember where I got my new headlight switch from, which I still haven't installed yet.

It has the selector for the headlight adjustments. I'm planning on making it functional, using a DIY I found on audizine.

TMAC
April 28th, 2015, 03:28
Good stuff man and thanks for the info about this vendor.

ScottW
April 28th, 2015, 14:58
Nice.

Looks good. Now we need to find a source for the climate control buttons.

BTW, I can't remember where I got my new headlight switch from, which I still haven't installed yet.

It has the selector for the headlight adjustments. I'm planning on making it functional, using a DIY I found on audizine.

All of my other buttons are in shockingly great shape. :)

kruat
April 28th, 2015, 17:01
I second finding a good source for hvac controls. That's the only area in my interior showing wear/age.

Dmb408
April 28th, 2015, 20:58
Didn't want to get too excited yet because I haven't put it in....but just keep an eye on EBay fellas. I had been for weeks since I got on this fixing trim kick and I found part number 4BO 820 043AM 5PR which appears to be the first iteration of our hvac controls for get this...85 bucks! It had a BIN of like 120 or something and I offered 85. My controls are in rough shape on the current RS (vs perfect on the old one :( ) so I thought any used one that looked decent in Ebay pics would be an improvement. It turns out it looked worse in the pictures than it did in person. Got it yesterday and it looks great, now only one of the buttons the center minus I believe is slightly rubbed off. The packaging when it arrived also had more detailed, it was from an Allroad, with Nav with only 53k miles (hope that wasn't a recent total or that was totaling of a really nice car). Anyway, I hope it works, maybe install it this weekend. They're out there!!

SteveKen
April 28th, 2015, 21:10
If the RNS-E was available with a black bezel, I'd convert all the tactile grey trim to the black pre-facelift type stuff.