PDA

View Full Version : My first "true" HELP moment - vac line confusion and broken three way valve

Fastguy
April 16th, 2015, 01:38
I was trying to clean up the top of an unused valve that controlled the SAI pump and egr valves (as I understood it). Now that the pump and valve are gone, didn't want to have it just sitting up there if unused. I tried to lay out the pic best as I could. hopefully this makes sense.

The red circle is the valve I believed I could eliminate. The red arrow led to one of the egr valves on the back of the head that is now gone and the hole plated off.

The green circle I was unsure where it went. I'm assuming another part of the sai/egr system? The orange circle is the three way check valve that connects up frond beneath the intake manifold. It looks like the broken barb is connected to a tee that also feeds the bottom of the valve that controls the diverters. I am hoping someone says to simply cap that tee under the manifold and throw that whole mess away. Any clarification to this would be appreciated.

Bigglezworth
April 16th, 2015, 03:30
I don't know why you disconnected everything. All I did was run the Tfitting that split to feed each of the kombo valves and routed the one end of the split in to the other. Others have shorted the hose that runs off the check valve back to the input of the same valve. The tricks the ECU.

s8prtotype
April 16th, 2015, 03:39
You can just loop the red (sai valve) one or if tuned out remove it completely, the others I didnt mess with at all and just capped the line going to the sai valve as well.

Fastguy
April 16th, 2015, 04:02
Ok. I'll get a new three way check I broke and put it back. Broke exact same thing when building the 2.7. I'll remove sai valve and cap hose. It's coded out. Any idea what plugs into the green circled fitting? If no one knows maybe I have a before pic I can reference

Fastguy
April 16th, 2015, 23:27
Why does it always seem difficult to find a vac diagram for these cars. Same was true of the 2.7. Out of all the things the Bentley should have in it, I would think this is one of the top items people have issue with. I would still like to see what components these lines go to....especially the one circled in green. If I recall, the circled green line went to the driver egr, the red line to the pass egr. Therefore, it seems, the pic below can be deleted. I have no issue putting it back new but don't see the point if it's an item that is no longer in use? Also, without the part number (it's rubbed off) I can't find this 1x2 way check valve.