PDA

View Full Version : New member -- Just got my RS6

TripleRS6
April 12th, 2015, 05:35
Greetings All.

New to Forum. Have been looking for an RS6 for about a year now. Finally found 905191 here in the SF Bay Area. 108K with full service records and services by dealer. New tranny, new TC, and new TB. Recent major service and fairly new tires. Interior is well maintained and in good shape. Emerald/Emerald. Exterior is good for a 12yo car. Garaged and stock. Asking was 22K, paid 19K. 2nd Gen DRC with left front leaking (only thing I replaced). I will eventually get the Konis, but want to see how it rides with the DRC. So far has been amazing, excellent power and DRC seems tolerable so far. Only hard code is EGT Sensor.

Want to say thanks to you all for amazing forum with great information -- which I have been reading non-stop. Current DD is an A7, which is really nice, but kinda boring. Griffin MW is close by. Lots of ideas, but for now will just drive it and enjoy.

lswing
April 12th, 2015, 06:04
Looks black. I was thinking green when you said emerald. Good price. Good thing you got $3k off because the EGTs will cost you that much:) Kidding, sort of, search for some of the fixes by soldering. If not, it's very tough to reach, and $600 for the sensors alone. Get ross tech VCDS if you haven't...at least lets you clear codes and the CEL.

SE exhaust is a nice upgrade. A tune really wakes the car up, but also decreases the life of your trans, leading to a $6-8k bill, but damn it's fun.

Check out my site for extra info, http://audirssix.com/

Edit, your pics are really small...

TripleRS6
April 12th, 2015, 14:00
Excellent suggestions/ideas. Keep them coming. Thanks!

papadoc
April 13th, 2015, 08:50
Welcome to the forum which I am sure you have already found to be probably the most robust of any on the web. Glad to see you are in the SF Bay area, there are a few of us here, and it sounds as though you are in the East Bay if close to Griffin. Stick with them, one of the top few independent shops in our region. I picked up my second RS6 from the East Bay recently. I tried to get a gathering of like souls a while back without success, perhaps we can shoot for this again later this spring for a drive. You will get the official Crazy Train welcome soon hopefully!

415RS6
April 13th, 2015, 16:29
Welcome! I live in the bay area in San Francisco. I'd be in for a little Bay Area drive.

nene
April 13th, 2015, 17:13
Congrats and welcome to the show!

JayB
April 13th, 2015, 20:18
Welcome!

From the south bay and up for a drive sometime as well.

MaxRS6
April 13th, 2015, 20:46
Welcome aboard the...

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?

lswing
April 13th, 2015, 20:50
Thanks Max, slacker!!! You can't stay away from that Porsche I bet :stick:

MaxRS6
April 13th, 2015, 21:11
^LOL- You nailed me. I was at TWS this past weekend with it. ;0

TMAC
April 16th, 2015, 03:54
Welcome aboard

spoolinrs6
April 16th, 2015, 13:29
welcome brotha

Korben007
April 19th, 2015, 16:35
Welcome you picked a great area to be a RS6 owner! Love the audirssix.com site! Thank you. If your ever in the eastern part of the state stop by our shop in Truckee, Avantwerks. Www.avantwerks.com. We service a lot of RS6 here. I would say weekly. The owner and myself both own RS6. We can give you a great deal on any maintainance/upgrades. We are an APR dealer as well as Vag autowerks. We will be at the JHM BBQ this Saturday the 25th if you wanna swing by in Lathrop! Will be lots of Audi nuts there!

lswing
April 21st, 2015, 02:27
Always nice to hear positive feedback on the site! I've been buried with work again, but hope to keep updating the site with relevant info. I just got some new transmission pics, and would like to add a full R&R page.

TripleRS6
April 25th, 2015, 04:18
Thank you guys. Have been out traveling with little internet access. Have to say that I have driven many fast cars but this RS6 is truly something special. Ear to ear smiles. Love the audirssix.com site and I hope to get up to Truckee soon to check it out. So far, so good. 800+ miles and runs like a dream. Feel sorry for my A7. Working on my upgrade list. Will be going to Griffin MW soon. I am up for a BayArea ride too. Also, anyone know of a shop that will do the EGT Sensor without dropping the engine close by?