PDA

View Full Version : From Quarter Panel Question - wife hit it

stubro
April 3rd, 2015, 16:30
So what a way to start my morning my wife was backing out and hit the front right quarter panel. Of course the wheel well lip is damaged which I know will be the pain part to fix. Are there replacement quarter panels instead of having the body shop pound it out? Should i ping one of the salvage shops? Thoughts? Divorce Lawyers? jk of course./

lswing
April 3rd, 2015, 16:39
Wow...she better be a damn nice woman:)

Hope you have a trusted body shop. My guy always knew if it could be repaired or replaced. If replacing I would have my mechanic pull the panel and take to a body shop.

mrdave
April 3rd, 2015, 16:46
Yeah fender replacement looks like the way to go. Shouldn't be too difficult, just need it paint matched. I believe front fenders are all the same from C5 4.2, S6, and RS6.

lswing
April 3rd, 2015, 16:58
Pretty sure the RS6 fender is RS6 specific. So did you get her insurance info? :) Repair cost $2,500 with labor is my guess...

stubro
April 3rd, 2015, 17:02
LOL yea lets just say she is self insured i.e. myself insured :) I was thinking the same around $2500 will probally get some other work done at the same time. Not a Good Friday for me.

MandoRS6
April 3rd, 2015, 17:56
Same part A6 4.2 2002 to 2004 only or S6. Good luck.

Cmnair
April 3rd, 2015, 19:32
Isn't the wheel well liner RS6 specific though with the vents?

MandoRS6
April 3rd, 2015, 20:39
Yes wheel well liner is different but fender is same.

lswing
April 4th, 2015, 00:32
I can tell you that when my front bumper was re-sprayed the color match was perfect, no side blending needed. Megello Blue, small local shop, $450 paint.

stubro
April 4th, 2015, 01:25
Ok good to know the shop I went to was worried about the blend. I have some other spots to touch up on the doors and hood. Also will finally install the carbon lip spoiler. Need to raise the ride height a little.

Bigglezworth
April 4th, 2015, 16:38
RS6 front fenders and hood are aluminum. Same as A6 4.2 and S6 for 02-04.

Dmb408
April 7th, 2015, 13:43
What do the BBS's you have weigh? Maybe I'll buy those from you to offset your sudden expenses... Sorry, probably too soon.

Turbowned
April 7th, 2015, 15:55
Shoot a PM to k2switch23; he's parting out an RS6 that got hit on the left side; the RH fender might still be good. I forget what color the car is. Either way should be able to save you a few bucks vs. buying a new one.

stubro
April 7th, 2015, 16:20
What do the BBS's you have weigh? Maybe I'll buy those from you to offset your sudden expenses... Sorry, probably too soon. - Nice Try :)

Other_Erik
April 7th, 2015, 16:50
Shoot a PM to k2switch23; he's parting out an RS6 that got hit on the left side; the RH fender might still be good. I forget what color the car is. Either way should be able to save you a few bucks vs. buying a new one.

Black, and the passenger fender is fscked as well.

OP - check with a trusted autobody shop. I'm not familiar with the Tampa area so can't really recommend anyone, but I _think_ they may be able to fix and blend cheaper than replacement.

O_E

stubro
April 7th, 2015, 17:25
I guess we will find out. Fixing Aluminum is a challenge and it was damaged at the creases of the wheel well which would be hard to get right.

Dmb408
April 7th, 2015, 17:43
And you have called Shokan? Sorry I feel like this goes without saying but I finally pulled the trigger on a few things from them recently that worked out well. The one thing is though if they say they need to check and call you back, they never do, get the details while they are on the phone otherwise you'll have to call back.

Dmb408
April 7th, 2015, 17:53
Oh yea and if you ping me I can give you what I think is Shokan's pricing modus operandi (or what I have deduced it to be). Just not sure if I should plaster that on the board.

Other_Erik
April 7th, 2015, 18:52
Shokan's pricing modus operandi (or what I have deduced it to be). Just not sure if I should plaster that on the board.

What's so secret? Audi list price minus 7.5% plus exorbitant shipping... At least from the parts I've requested.

lswing
April 7th, 2015, 19:31
What's so secret? Audi list price minus 7.5% plus exorbitant shipping... At least from the parts I've requested.

Prices were closer to half or less than new. Bought TCU and headers, shipping seemed fine, saved me both times. I'm guessing timing and parts offered a different experience.

bethridg
April 7th, 2015, 20:01
I purchased an entire new primed front clip from Audi (via ECS Tuning) last year. Prices have increased slightly from what I paid but fenders should still be available. GenuineAudiParts lists at 298.34 and ECS at 310.05. Plus shipping.

<colgroup><col style="width: 120px"><col width="177"><col width="120"></colgroup><tbody>
Fender Panel
Left
4B3821105C

Fender Panel
Right
4B3821106C

</tbody>

Dmb408
April 7th, 2015, 20:09
I have found it to be 50% off Audi list plus reasonable shipping. What did they charge you exorbitant shipping on?

stubro
April 7th, 2015, 21:22
Yea I have used Skokan before for a spare tire.

Dmb408
April 7th, 2015, 21:39
Spare tire!? I was actually thinking of taking mine out and the jack recently to save weight. My reasoning was mainly on the jack, those jacks are so unsafe, I was using my one on my first RS6 in conjunction with jack stands (because I was traveling and didn't have my jack) to show someone something once and it broke. Just straight up broke, while under load. So I would never trust the jack so then why I am driving around with it and the spare?

stubro
April 7th, 2015, 22:02
Yea the jack is a death trap but driving around with my kids with no spare is a non starter. I know some folks are using bottle jacks, I might get one. Anyway on the fender the price for an OEM one came back at $400 which isnt bad.

TMAC
April 8th, 2015, 04:13
There are several good painters in Tampa Stubro. Let me know if you need names.

Other_Erik
April 8th, 2015, 12:33
I have found it to be 50% off Audi list plus reasonable shipping. What did they charge you exorbitant shipping on?

When I was looking to source new headlights. Audi list was $739 or so, Shokan wanted $685 + $80 shipping each - no combined shipping discount even though I bet they would've come in one box. Good to know they can get other parts to you cheaper, but they were pretty close to list price for headlight capsules (no bulbs/ballasts attached).

O_E

EINHORN
April 9th, 2015, 11:56
Try force5.com. Chris occasionally has RS6 parts