PDA

View Full Version : Seat repair stage one...

ScottW
March 28th, 2015, 12:45
So, I've begun the process of refreshing my interior.

The outside bolster on my drivers seat has certainly seen better days. Worn through and weathered, I started asking my contacts where to turn to have the repairs done. They directed me to a company in Toronto called Invisible Touch. I went in with low expectations...I wasn't quoted a very high price, and didn't know what could be done without tearing the seat apart and replacing leather. Here's what they did in 2.5 hours:

Before:

After:

Needless to say, I am thoroughly impressed. For the repair of that bolster, and dying of the other 3, I paid $250 CDN.

The balance of my interior focus will be treating all leather surfaces with Leatherique (2 stage treatment). This will remove the appearance of all creases and basically have the seats all looking brand new.

Other_Erik
March 28th, 2015, 14:29
So, I've begun the process of refreshing my interior.

The outside bolster on my drivers seat has certainly seen better days. Worn through and weathered, I started asking my contacts where to turn to have the repairs done. They directed me to a company in Toronto called Invisible Touch. I went in with low expectations...I wasn't quoted a very high price, and didn't know what could be done without tearing the seat apart and replacing leather. Here's what they did in 2.5 hours:

Before:

After:

Needless to say, I am thoroughly impressed. For the repair of that bolster, and dying of the other 3, I paid $250 CDN.

The balance of my interior focus will be treating all leather surfaces with Leatherique (2 stage treatment). This will remove the appearance of all creases and basically have the seats all looking brand new.

That looks fantastic! What a difference! If only I wasn't so damn far from Toronto....

Out of curiosity, are you having any issues with the seat rocking back and forth? I'm looking at replacing all those little plastic gear rollers here before too long, and since I'll be having the seat out for that anyway, will give me easy access if I need to do anything on the underside to get results like this.

kruat
March 28th, 2015, 14:29
Wow I'm impressed. Looks new.

ScottW
March 28th, 2015, 17:14
That looks fantastic! What a difference! If only I wasn't so damn far from Toronto....

Out of curiosity, are you having any issues with the seat rocking back and forth? I'm looking at replacing all those little plastic gear rollers here before too long, and since I'll be having the seat out for that anyway, will give me easy access if I need to do anything on the underside to get results like this.

Thankfully, I don't have any seat rock. I know that I've had the issue in previous Audi's, but so far so good on this one.

midwest1275
March 29th, 2015, 01:44
Seats look good. I've got 54k on my RS6 so not too much wear on the bolsters. I do have an annoying occasional seat rock that I have to figure out. I'm hoping it's just the plastic shims on the seat rails. But it feels like something may be broken in the seat structure. I wonder if the previous owner was a big/heavy guy who may have put some extra stress on the seat.

lswing
March 29th, 2015, 05:21
^^^It's the plastic gears that control height adjustment. My fix has been to lower the seat all the way, wedge rolled up tinfoil between the gears, the press the memory button and it rolls back into place. The extra material keeps the gears together, works well actually, unless you want to do seat adjustments for multiple drivers.

Dmb408
March 30th, 2015, 18:03
Since we are on the topic now (and me being lazy not wanting to search) what is the permanent seat rocking fix and how expensive is it? New track and new gears, new gears?

And Scott on your bolster, looks great. We had a lower bolster done on my wife's one owner cayenne when we bought it because just one bolster was toast on driver's seat and it DID NOT come out this well. So count yourself lucky (or those guys do really good work). I have started using Chemical Brothers (cleanser then conditioner) on my seats and I am through two treatments now and that makes them look very nice.

lswing
March 30th, 2015, 20:16
^^^I think the only option is to replace the whole motor/gear cluster that bolts to the seat bottom. I've been looking for a low mileage seat also, just to refresh the whole thing.