PDA

View Full Version : cam tensioner/adjuster pull and found, once again, a damaged pick up screen on bottom

Fastguy
March 28th, 2015, 00:36
I've seen this same thing on a couple of the 2.7t's I've done. I think audi uses the same style for many of their audi/vw cars. There is a little screen to "help" keep junk in the oil from getting into the adjusters. I'm only doing one side at a time to help keep track of things and leave the heads exposed for a shorter amount of time. I found the screen damaged but have never been able to find a replacement. Simple little item but no part number for it. Anyone have an idea if it's even possible to get this? If not, might me a good item to manufacture and sell.

I have a spare set of 2.7 heads sitting in the garage. If I can't find a new replacement screen I'm wondering if I should disassemble the spare heads for the part. Seems like a shame to completely tear down the heads for a little screen (assuming they are not damaged or missing on the spares either).

Bigglezworth
March 28th, 2015, 01:31
I looked at these when I overhauled the shoes, but like you wasn't successful in finding a replacement for them.

hahnmgh63
March 28th, 2015, 01:32
You can get a new 1.8t (225bhp) adjuster (OEM Manufacturer for $65. Still a lot to pay to get just the screen. And yes, the AMU engine tt at least uses the same exact pads on a (different part #) adjuster.