PDA

View Full Version : Portland, OR shops

Soks
March 23rd, 2015, 00:14
Hello,
Are there any independent Audi shops that you would recommend in the Portland, OR area? Preferably with RS6 experience.

G2
March 23rd, 2015, 04:42
If you're open to a slightly larger area, down in Eugene, there's Cascade AutoWerkes. Frequently services RS6's, including from the Portland area. Small city rates more than makes the trip worthwhile.

mbagge01
March 23rd, 2015, 06:07
Matrix Integrated. They do all the work on my rs6 and very experienced. They have had the engine out of my car 3 times for various repairs and know what they are doing.

If you're open to a slightly larger area, down in Eugene, there's Cascade AutoWerkes. Frequently services RS6's, including from the Portland area. Small city rates more than makes the trip worthwhile.

Other_Erik
March 23rd, 2015, 11:16

OP - or if you're headed to Eugene, you could just pay Gary in six-packs... Personally would rather have him wrenching on my car than any shop I've got in my immediate vicinity. Would be nice to have someone in my area with his kind of expertise, but all the serious Beast-Tamers seem to be 400+ miles away from the DC area.

O_E

ben916
March 23rd, 2015, 17:01
Hello,
Are there any independent Audi shops that you would recommend in the Portland, OR area? Preferably with RS6 experience.

Can you update your location in your profile and what is the last 6 of your VIN?

Soks
March 23rd, 2015, 19:56
"OP?"
Thanks for the input guys. I think I will try to work with someone closer to the Portland area for now. I tried doing the long distance mechanic thing once and found that it was really a hassle getting rides, etc. just to drop the car off or pick it up.

lswing
March 23rd, 2015, 22:28
Original Post

There are a handful of owners in your area, not sure if you look through forum members by location and direct message them? Maybe give this post a bump every week or so for a while in hopes they see it.

kruat
March 24th, 2015, 02:36
I live in Vancouver, and am a tech at sunset audi eastside, (the good one, not the one in beaverton ...lol) I can maybe help out. What do you need done? I'm about ready to do the whole timing belt service on my RS.

DHall1
March 24th, 2015, 02:51
There ya go^^

Soks
March 24th, 2015, 18:32
Thanks for the input guys. I don't need anything done at the moment. I just had quite a bit of work done on the car right before leaving LA. I just wanted to start the search up here so I have a better idea where to start when the time comes.

repda503
March 27th, 2015, 21:43
I live in Portland and headed down to Eugene to meet up with Gary this Monday. Excited to go with someone local. With all due respect to Mike, I have little confidence dealerships would service my car with my best interests in mind. Quotes for labor seem unusually high.

DHall1
March 28th, 2015, 01:08
I think ^^ Mike is saying he could help outside of the dealership.

I live in Portland and headed down to Eugene to meet up with Gary this Monday. Excited to go with someone local. With all due respect to Mike, I have little confidence dealerships would service my car with my best interests in mind. Quotes for labor seem unusually high.

kruat
March 28th, 2015, 01:35
Ya I meant outside of dealer. Unless your wanting something done I can't do in my garage.

But I agree, hourly rates for Rs's is stupid. Our shop rate is very competitive with indy shops, but everything on the RS books out high on hours. Valve cover gaskets, by book time, requires motor pull. Now, everyone on here knows you can do it with motor in, but our shop manager is very competitive with pricing and labor. If you ever not like what you hear, he'll work with ya.

Chung
March 29th, 2015, 23:26
Thanks for the input guys. I don't need anything done at the moment. I just had quite a bit of work done on the car right before leaving LA. I just wanted to start the search up here so I have a better idea where to start when the time comes.

I am the opposite. Mine is in Vancouver, WA while I am in LA searching for a good place to park it here. Where did you take your car while you were in LA. I am in the Valley so Long Beach is a bit far for me.

Soks
March 29th, 2015, 23:53
I've taken mine to Raven in Long Beach a couple of times. But I primarily used Eurotech in Culver City. Both have done great work.

Chung
March 30th, 2015, 00:02
Cool, Culver City is much closer to me and a simple uber ride home. Now I just need one more parking spot and I will be set.

Soks
August 27th, 2015, 16:26
Has anyone used botta motor works?

G2
June 2nd, 2016, 21:44
"OP?"
Thanks for the input guys. I think I will try to work with someone closer to the Portland area for now. I tried doing the long distance mechanic thing once and found that it was really a hassle getting rides, etc. just to drop the car off or pick it up.

It can work out well, especially with the reduced labor costs compared to big city markets. Transport logistics can usually be arranged to save people trips.

Actually have a RS6 switch planned soon in P-town; drive one up, bring one back. And will likely return later this month (and could likely do another switch). In general have been making a lot of trips to Portland this year, even Seattle. Been working on transport options to reach even further. Recently purchased a massive tow rig, and am shopping for a nice enclosed trailer specifically to haul our heavy RS6's.

DHall1
June 2nd, 2016, 23:11
Do it like Tesla does service.

Featherlite alum open car trailer to transport.

Funny really, that's how I transport my RS6s

G2
June 3rd, 2016, 19:12
Makes sense, with those electric cars.

We're traveling a lot more this year and can usually combine tasks. Works well for everyone.

Now if I can just snatch up this nifty race car triple axle trailer that has my eye.....