PDA

View Full Version : Video: Audi RS 7 humiliates Tesla P85D

Erik
March 21st, 2015, 11:26
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R0oKmqZnHs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R0oKmqZnHs

4everRS
March 21st, 2015, 15:20
I've gotta say, that's pretty impressive. Those 85d's are nuts.

Bigglezworth
March 21st, 2015, 18:26
Something amiss on the Tesla. There is NO way an RS7 can out launch and make it to 60 quicker than an 85D.

lswing
March 21st, 2015, 18:45
Yep, guessing non 85d, or they forgot to press the Insane mode button. Tesla should easily be there until 120+

LIRS6
March 21st, 2015, 19:33
I think the Tesla ran out of gas

Fonzie Audi
March 21st, 2015, 19:34
Yeah that's not a D in insane mode. D's in insane mode jump on just about anything on wheels 0-30. RS7 would catch and fly by mid range though I'm sure regardless of what Tesla.

I had a P85+ and it smoked my APR V10 R8 until 55mph.

hahnmgh63
March 21st, 2015, 21:37
APR?? I've heard the second Generation APR software for the RS7 really kicks... Maybe .2 to 60mhp and I've heard 0.75sec thru 1/4mi.

Erik
March 22nd, 2015, 13:04
I think the Tesla ran out of gas

Insane is said to be on, but battery not full (60 I Think)

lswing
March 22nd, 2015, 13:47
Aha...YouTube comments state that it was a Norway test P85D with lower regulated power, or limited due to low battery or hot battery. They have a bit of a plastic feel to them, and no shifting plus no sound is blah. On paper its .5 second faster 0-60, or probably even if RS7 is tuned.

Chase
March 22nd, 2015, 22:17
There is definitely something we are missing in regards to this showdown. I have driven both, and until the P85 D model Tesla came out, my next ride was definitely going to be the RS7....

Now it will be the Telsa.

The interior of the RS7 is more luxurious, but the Tesla is a quicker, cooler and a much more fun car. And when I look at all the expensive bits and pieces under the hood of the RS, and the ridiculously few driveline parts in D, it seems to me the Telsa reliability will be greater. (I know everyone will jump on the battery life issue, but the ability to swap out the battery pack at a Supercharger station in lieu of a recharge should make this a non-issue)

All I can say is drive both, you will be surprised.

lswing
March 22nd, 2015, 22:31
Some of the great joys of driving is shifting and hearing the engine roar. I could only own a Tesla as a second commuter car. Just sat in them so far, fairly nice though, construction still felt more like a Camry than luxury car.

G2
March 25th, 2015, 04:48
Fully support lswing's comment in regards to the more primordial benefits of the IC engine. Fire..FIRE! (think Tom Hanks in Castaway)

So: BMW 745 guy (eye surgeon, no less) wants a Tesla. Mentioned the BMW i8. Now he's shopping for one. Influence....but yes would like to drive one...very much so.

As a daily driver would w/o question take the RS7.... and wife fully approves-- actually watches the market. Bet Tesla has huge corporate parties on the bucket loads of cash saved with an electric drivetrain at six figures street price....technology is the gateway to mega profits and perceived value on the consumer front line.

In the real world, I have regularly passed a Tesla owner on the daily commute. He's driving at 10 under the speed limit, daylight wanes (waxes?), lights off, windows up, crouched in an aero position to eke out every last watt from that juicepack....

nistah
July 18th, 2015, 01:11
Obviously I'm firmly rooted in the Audi camp, although just to play devils advocate
https://www.yahoo.com/autos/tesla-upgrades-the-model-s-with-ludicrous-2-8-124343967082.html

bethridg
July 18th, 2015, 01:32
Obviously I'm firmly rooted in the Audi camp, although just to play devils advocate
https://www.yahoo.com/autos/tesla-upgrades-the-model-s-with-ludicrous-2-8-124343967082.html

At that price it makes the RS6 Stage 1 tune from APR look like a bargain for the same ~70hp.

Zorb
July 20th, 2015, 03:38
I want a Tesla P85+, or whatever it will be when I get one. I want the RWD just for fun. Tesla has said some performance updates will be in the pipe for the single motor cars, so I will wait and see what I can get on one of them.

95% chance I will get one within 3 years. Great for me to drive every day, 200 miles a day or so that I do sometimes.

Turbowned
July 20th, 2015, 19:12
Ludicrous speed: GO!

That will be fun to say, hehe