PDA

View Full Version : value of very good shape oem stock rs6 turbos?

Fastguy
March 21st, 2015, 04:05
I am going to go with some srm turbos. i pulled the stock turbos. It's almost a shame because they look so good. there is no visible marks or dings on the compressor fins and there is minimal shaft play. They are so rare, I can't seem to find any for sale to get an accurate price on them. I will probably be selling them very soon but wondering what is the going price? I know they can be modified to work with a 2.7 so the market opens up a little there but there just aren't any out there? suggestions?

RSoverAll
March 21st, 2015, 04:19
I am going to go with some srm turbos. i pulled the stock turbos. It's almost a shame because they look so good. there is no visible marks or dings on the compressor fins and there is minimal shaft play. They are so rare, I can't seem to find any for sale to get an accurate price on them. I will probably be selling them very soon but wondering what is the going price? I know they can be modified to work with a 2.7 so the market opens up a little there but there just aren't any out there? suggestions?

Have you checked the classifieds on Audizine? eBay maybe? Just to establish a baseline price point...

Fastguy
March 21st, 2015, 04:33
Yes. Both. Found none but cheap Chinese knockoffs.

RSoverAll
March 21st, 2015, 04:51
Shokan maybe?

Bigglezworth
March 21st, 2015, 05:21
I would have paid $300-400/ea for used turbos back in Nov. In fact had an ad looking for a pair at that time. I ended up replacing the CRA's with high quality units made by Turbo Rebuilders out of the UK for £165 ea. At that price for brand new that are not made in china, it would be impossible for me spend any more than $300/ea for used units. SteveKen had a line on brand new KKK's for half the price of the Stealerships IIRC. They also sell Stage 1 Hybrid (upgrade bearings and seals) £210 ea, and Stage 2 as above and including billet compressor wheel £230 ea.

http://www.turborebuild.co.uk/p/category/0806305564-KKK+Turbo+Products+and+Parts/

ttboost
March 21st, 2015, 11:44
I think I sold my 80k mile stockers, for $1200/pair. Definitely desirable to the 2.7 crowd. They'll sell on AZ.

lswing
March 21st, 2015, 13:15
Yep, sold my 94k ones for $800 a few years back, they had some shaft play.