PDA

View Full Version : Expert Advixe: De-Cat Entire Exhaust

wes
March 20th, 2015, 05:34
hi Guys,

I'm looking to have my entire exhaust "de-catted" I am aware of the difficulty in removing the cats just after the Turbo's, however will the ecu pick up any errors if the secondary cats were removed? Here in South Africa there isn't much requirements in terms of emission laws, well basically they are not enforced, here, as much, as most of you guys are.

Your help would be much appreciated.

4everRS
March 20th, 2015, 11:59
The codes come from the pre cat removal. The ones just behind the turbo's. You'll need a tuner to code them out for you. You could also try o2 spacers, but I would recommend tuning.

RSoverAll
March 20th, 2015, 13:56
The codes come from the pre cat removal. The ones just behind the turbo's. You'll need a tuner to code them out for you. You could also try o2 spacers, but I would recommend tuning.

Pre cat removal causes the cel? I thought the post O2 sensors were located after the main cats...

lswing
March 20th, 2015, 16:57
Pre cat removal causes the cel? I thought the post O2 sensors were located after the main cats...

I think that too, didn't Bigglez clear the upper cats with no CEL?

But yes, if you clear it, both pre and main, you will need to get the tune udpdated.

RSoverAll
March 20th, 2015, 19:57
Even if only removing the pre cats, probably a good idea to re tune as well or no?

lswing
March 20th, 2015, 20:53
If you're already tuned well I think not. It will just allow the turbos to spool up quicker and more efficiently. I suppose some fine tuning with maybe a bit more fuel for the quick spool.

wes
March 23rd, 2015, 05:19
so would it be safe to say I could remove both sets without a tune or would it throw errors?

P1054
March 23rd, 2015, 05:41
Judging by where the rear o2 sensors are located, I would think removing the main cats would trigger a code.. I'm not 100% sure if the ecu would recognize if only the secondary cats (smaller ones right by the turbos) were removed. Mine are gone but I also got the rear o2 sensors coded out. Someone else could probably say for sure..

wes
March 23rd, 2015, 07:54
it's really tough to find decent tuners or info here in South Africa on these cars.

wes
March 23rd, 2015, 07:54
thanks for the help thus far chaps, much appreciated.

hahnmgh63
March 23rd, 2015, 13:44
I run Catless Miltek downpipes and yes you will get a code for the Cats and/or secondary O2's. You will need to get a special tune to code them out or put up with the yellow CEL on the dash. Might as well get the custom tune and also get the SAI system coded out so you can remove that useless junk too. For you Viper tuning isn't close but with shipping he may be one of the best options, he'll also do the tranny (TCU) chip too.

wes
March 24th, 2015, 05:10
@hahnmgh63 thanks for the reply, how does one get a hold of this tuner you speak of?

wes
March 24th, 2015, 05:13
hahnmgh63

hahnmgh63
March 24th, 2015, 12:55
http://vipertuning.com/ I'll admit right now that I don't have his tune as I was able to go with someone closer here stateside (Eurocharged) but from all of the feedback here on the list Rich @ Vipertuning is great (He's in the Isle of Man).

wes
March 24th, 2015, 13:55
thanks again for the help.