PDA

View Full Version : RE: Failed Login Notification on RS6.com | International Community

Erik
March 13th, 2015, 09:17
If you get an email "Failed Login Notification on RS6.com | International Community", apparently some bot is trying to access our precious RS6.com, but didn't succeed.

We do our best to ban all the IPs used etc., but it's hard work.

As for any website, use a clever, unique password.

lswing
March 13th, 2015, 13:31
Thanks Erik, much appreciated.

midwest1275
March 13th, 2015, 21:24
When I tried to log in to this site a couple of days ago I think I may have contracted a computer virus. My screen froze and a suspicious "help center" number came up. Since this happened I have had a few spam sites pop up randomly. I'm wondering if anybody else had the same issue come up.

Other_Erik
March 16th, 2015, 12:42
When I tried to log in to this site a couple of days ago I think I may have contracted a computer virus. My screen froze and a suspicious "help center" number came up. Since this happened I have had a few spam sites pop up randomly. I'm wondering if anybody else had the same issue come up.

Nope but every so often when I try to hit the archive section I get redirected to adultfriendfinder (I'm happily married and have never been to that site before) - I don't think it's a virus since it's happened on my computer, cell phone, and tablet...

Regardless, Erik, want to thank you for all your efforts and hosting this great site!

O_E

stubro
March 30th, 2015, 13:53
Yep I got it today. Used Lastpass to generate a password that no bot will learn :) Use password generators folks. Love lastpass

supercup
July 21st, 2015, 16:11
Got email today from RS6.com saying someone tried to log on to my account and failed - stated IP address was 188.138.17.15

I logged on an changed my password to a stronger alternative, Do I need to do anything else?

Bigglezworth
September 1st, 2016, 05:02

This site has always had problems with adware, virus, etc. I can't access the site from my work computer that is protected by Webroot Security as it says the site is infected. I have also tried to access the site on my tablet that was then infected with cashware. I access this site only from an 8yr old machine that runs an old operating system and that I don't care what happens to it.

Just a heads up.